Right here is a straightforward bread machine white bread recipe. It creates a buttery white bread that’s excellent as a sandwich bread or as toast. Your loved ones will love the style of this scrumptious buttery white bread… and you’ll love how simple it’s to make!
White bread is likely one of the hottest breads to make at dwelling as a result of it’s so simple to make with a bread machine. Given its simplicity, white bread is a superb “starter” bread till you achieve extra expertise with bread machines and transfer onto extra superior recipes reminiscent of bread machine French bread.
Reading: White bread recipe for bread maker
Our bread machine white bread recipe lets you make 1.5 lb and a pair of lb loaf variations. Furthermore, this recipe was designed as a way to create an additional buttery tasting white bread (when in comparison with most on-line white bread recipes). It’s also possible to simply flip this white bread right into a herb bread by including your favorites spices (i.e. dried rosemary). See our ideas part beneath for extra data on this feature.
Bread Machine White Bread Recipe (2 lb Loaf)
In case your children will not be too adventurous (or they simply love white bread… the unhealthy little devils!!) then this buttery white bread recipe is ideal for you. It is extremely simple to make and makes use of solely a restricted variety of elements. For my part, our recipe can also be nicer than many primary white bread recipes as a result of it makes use of milk (versus water) and additional butter.
Sliced Bread Machine White Bread (1.5 lb Loaf)
Since this buttery white bread recipe is finished in a bread machine or bread maker, it’s easy & simple to make. It ought to take you solely 5 minutes or so to arrange and then you definitely let the bread machine do the remainder of the work. For extra nice recipes, please go to Bread Dad’s primary Bread Machine Recipes part. Bread Dad additionally has a printable and “pin-able” recipe on the backside of the web page. In case you like this recipe, we hope you’ll go away a remark beneath and provides us a 5 star score. Thanks!
Substances – Simple Bread Machine White Bread Recipe – 1.5 lb Loaf
- 1 1/8 Cups – Milk (lukewarm) – 259 milliliters – 1 1/8 cups of milk is equal to 1 cup and a pair of tablespoons of milk
- 4 Tablespoons – Unsalted Butter (softened) – 57 grams
- 3 Cups – Bread Flour (not all function flour) – 360 grams
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons – White Granulated Sugar – 19 grams
- 1 Teaspoon – Salt – 5 milliliters
- 1 Teaspoon – Bread Machine Yeast – 5 milliliters
Substances – Simple Bread Machine White Bread Recipe – 2 lb Loaf
- 1 1/2 Cups – Milk (lukewarm) – 345 milliliters
- 6 Tablespoons – Unsalted Butter (softened) – 86 grams
- 4 Cups – Bread Flour (not all function flour) – 480 grams
- 2 Tablespoons – White Granulated Sugar – 25 grams
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons – Salt – 7.5 milliliters
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons – Bread Machine Yeast (Prompt Yeast) – 7.5 milliliters
Servings – Roughly 12 slices
Tools – Measuring cup & spoons, silicone spatula, oven mitts, cooling rack and a bread machine. Go to Bread Dad’s bread instruments web page if lacking gear.
** Subscribe to Bread Dad’s free recipe publication **
Directions – White Bread Machine Recipe for 1.5 lb Loaf and a pair of lb Loaf Variations
- Soften the butter in your microwave.
- Unplug your bread machine.
- Take away the bread pan from the unplugged bread machine (so while you add the elements, they cannot by accident spill into the machine).
- Pour the milk into the bread pan after which add the opposite elements. Place the bread machine yeast in final and the yeast shouldn’t contact the liquid (till the bread machine is turned on and the elements begin to be blended collectively by the bread machine). Put bread pan with elements again into unplugged bread machine.
- Plug in bread machine. Enter the right settings (for both 1.5 lb or 2 lb loaf model) and press the “start” button.
- When the bread machine has completed baking the bread, unplug the bread machine. Take away the bread and place it on a cooling rack. Use oven mitts when eradicating the bread machine container (bread loaf pan) as it is going to be extremely popular!
- After eradicating the bread, don’t overlook to take away the blending paddle whether it is caught within the bread. Use oven mitts as the blending paddle might be extremely popular popping out of the bread machine. Or wait till the bread is totally cooled after which take away the blending paddle.
- In our Sunbeam bread machine, the baking takes about 3 hours for a 2 pound bread loaf (and a pair of:53 hours for a 1.5 lb bread loaf) on the gentle colour & primary bread settings. Nonetheless, some machines can differ and also you don’t wish to be away from dwelling when the bread machine “finished” alarm goes off! Your bread machine ought to present you the size of the baking time after you’ve got entered the settings into the machine. It will will let you know when to be within the kitchen as a way to take away the bread.
- Earlier than utilizing your bread machine, you must learn the bread machine producer’s directions as a way to use the bread machine successfully and safely.
- Please learn the information part beneath for further data on methods to make this recipe efficiently & to keep away from widespread bread machine issues.
Also read: Moist banana nut bread recipes
In case you favored this recipe, please go away a remark beneath & give us a 5 star score. We LOVE to listen to from individuals who have loved our recipes! Soar to remark part
- Bread Machine Cookbooks
- Bread Making Books
- Sandwich & Panini Cookbooks
Useful Ideas – White Bread Recipe for Bread Machine
- The ideas beneath are designed to assist bread machine “novices” and people who haven’t touched their bread machine in years.
- Click on on our “print recipe” hyperlink if you wish to print out this recipe. It contains the entire recipe’s elements and directions. Nonetheless, the recipe print perform doesn’t embrace our ideas part. Please learn the information part as a way to keep away from widespread recipe issues.
- Elective – Strive our buttery & oven-baked White Bread Prompt Yeast recipe if you wish to make the white bread dough along with your bread machine and end it in your oven as a way to obtain the traditional bread loaf form (vs the bread machine “block” form) and keep away from any bread machine mixing paddle holes in your loaf. It’s the oven model of the recipe on this web page. It’s the “oven version” of the recipe on this web page.
- Do NOT confuse or combine up the 1.5 lb & 2 lb ingredient quantities and machine settings when making this bread machine recipe (i.e. by accident utilizing among the 2 lb ingredient quantities when making the 1.5 lb model). Cough, cough… I do know as a result of I’ve accomplished this earlier than!
- In case you haven’t used your bread machine or bread maker in a very long time, please purchase some NEW bread machine yeast earlier than making your bread. Previous yeast can die or lose its efficiency and it will result in bread that doesn’t rise correctly. Bread machine yeast just isn’t more likely to be viable if it has been sitting in your pantry for years.
- This recipe is NOT for 1 lb capability bread machines. Please verify the capability of your bread machine earlier than making this recipe. This recipe lets you create 1.5 lb and a pair of lb bread loaves. When you’ve got a small bread machine (i.e. a bread machine that has solely a capability for 1 lb breads), you may be unable to make this recipe. The loaf might be too massive to your machine and overflow the bread pan (and the highest is more likely to collapse). An instance of a bread machine with solely a 1 lb capability is the Zojirushi House Bakery Mini Breadmaker (mannequin BB-HAC10).
- For bread machines with a loaf capability higher than 1 lb, take into account making the 1.5 lb model first. Some bread machines with a supposed 2lb loaf capability are smaller than marketed. See how the 1.5 lb model works in your bread machine earlier than making an attempt the two lb model.
- Many bakers prefer to make an indent within the high of the flour as a way to maintain the bread machine yeast in place (seems type of like a small flour volcano with a yeast crater). That is accomplished to forestall the yeast from falling into the liquid elements (and activating prematurely), coming into contact with the salt, and so forth. till the bread machine is turned on.
- The primary downside with utilizing common milk is that folks have a tendency to make use of chilly refrigerated milk and this will gradual the yeast progress. Attempt to use lukewarm milk (or on the spot powdered milk blended into heat water). If the milk is simply popping out of the fridge and thus is just too chilly, I prefer to put the milk in my microwave for 15-20 seconds as a way to heat it up. Nonetheless, you must also bear in mind that the milk/water shouldn’t be too sizzling as a result of extremely popular milk/water can kill the yeast.
- Elective – If this white bread machine recipe is just too bland for your loved ones, you possibly can add a teaspoon of your loved ones’s favourite herbs or seasonings (i.e. Italian seasoning herbs, onion powder or dried rosemary) as a way to add some further taste to your bread.
- Elective – When you’ve got run out of milk, you should use water in its place. Nonetheless, whereas nonetheless good, bread made with water might be rather less tasty.
- In keeping with Wikipedia, “White bread typically refers to breads made from wheat flour from which the bran and the germ layers have been removed (and set aside) from the whole wheatberry as part of the flour grinding or milling process, producing a light-colored flour. This milling process can give white flour a longer shelf life by removing the natural oils from the whole grain”.
- Upon getting mastered primary bread machine bread recipes (like this white bread), you may prefer to strive a few of Bread Dad’s extra superior bread machine bread recipes (i.e. French bread or Italian bread). In these recipes, the bread machine will nonetheless do the exhausting work of kneading the dough however you’ll have to form the bread by hand.
- Or if you happen to don’t have any bread flour, you may prefer to make Bread Dad’s All Function Flour Bread Machine Recipe. It creates a scrumptious nation white bread.
- In case your bread comes out too dense, it’s probably as a result of one of many following causes; You’re utilizing outdated or stale yeast, utilizing a chilly fridge temperature liquid (which slows yeast progress), baking in a chilly winter temperature kitchen (yeast likes kitchen temps of 75-80 diploma F), utilizing all function flour (versus bread flour as known as for within the recipe), inserting salt on high of or subsequent to the yeast (salt kills yeast so it should be positioned away from the yeast within the bread pan), and so forth.
- When you’ve got an issue with a “basic” bread machine recipe, please just remember to are following the recipe precisely (i.e. utilizing the right bread machine settings), utilizing the right amount of an ingredient (i.e. don’t eyeball the measurements versus utilizing a measurement cup or by accident add a tablespoon when a teaspoon is named for), utilizing the right elements (i.e. bread machine yeast versus common yeast or bread flour versus all function flour), and so forth. Please don’t “wing” issues with recipes.
- In case you begin substituting elements (i.e. various kinds of flour), you’re experimenting and shouldn’t anticipate related outcomes to the recipe proven above. Experimenting may be enjoyable. Nonetheless, you must anticipate some successes however extra potential disappointments while you begin to experiment with recipes. For instance, if you happen to substitute complete wheat flour for bread flour, you’ll most likely expertise an issue (as complete wheat flour doesn’t rise practically in addition to bread flour). Furthermore, complete wheat flour has a completely completely different taste.
- Remember that some bread recipes might differ barely between various kinds of bread machines & bread makers. Due to this fact, please learn your bread machine producer’s directions for primary bread recipes (i.e. white bread or complete wheat bread) as these usually tend to work in your particular person bread machine.
- This recipe makes use of bread machine yeast (on the spot yeast). It does NOT use lively dry yeast.
- Bread machine yeast and on the spot yeast will not be the identical as lively dry yeast. Bread machine yeast and on the spot yeast are added on to the recipe’s elements. In distinction, lively dry yeast should be activated in water/milk earlier than being added to a recipe’s elements. In case you attempt to use lively dry yeast for this recipe, it’s a lot much less more likely to work correctly (because the recipe directions & leavening time relies on the usage of bread machine yeast). Examples of yeast that can be utilized for this recipe embrace Fleischmann’s Bread Machine Yeast, Fleischmann’s Prompt Yeast, Saf Prompt Yeast, Purple Star Prompt Yeast, and so forth. You shouldn’t use lively dry yeasts for this recipe reminiscent of Fleischmann’s Energetic Dry Yeast, Purple Star Energetic Dry Yeast, and so forth.
- Bread machine yeast loses its efficiency over time. Typically, bread machine yeast lasts for less than 3-4 months after you’ve got opened the bottle. Nonetheless, if the yeast is uncovered to air & moisture (i.e. the bottle not sealed tight) or uncovered to increased temperatures, the yeast will expire much more shortly.
- Upon getting opened the bottle that comprises the bread machine yeast, the yeast will last more if you happen to retailer the bottle within the fridge or freezer. Simply make certain the bottle is sealed tight (as yeast will deteriorate shortly if uncovered to air, moisture and/or warmth).
- Bread machine yeast in a bottle that has by no means been opened ought to final till the bottle’s “Best If Used By” date… however provided that the bottle has been saved correctly (i.e. in a fridge, freezer or in a darkish, dry & cool spot within the pantry) and the bottle stays unopened.
- Use FRESH elements (i.e. flour) for the perfect outcomes. Substances which were sitting within the pantry for months can change into stale or choose up bizarre smells & flavors. Attempt to preserve your elements (i.e. flour) in hermetic meals containers as a way to lengthen their shelf life.
- My recipes are based mostly on US ingredient measurements (i.e. US cups & tablespoons). Nonetheless, as a courtesy to our European guests, I’ve additionally included some very ROUGH European equivalents (i.e. grams & milliliters). Since I hardly ever use European measurements when baking, please let me know within the remark part beneath if any of the European ingredient measurements have to be modified (i.e. for XYZ ingredient, milliliters are extra generally used versus the grams data listed within the recipe).
- All the time put on oven mitts/gloves when coping with a bread machine. The bread pan and the remainder of the bread machine can get extremely popular throughout the baking course of. Which means that the bread pan and bread machine is more likely to be extremely popular while you try to take away a baked good from the bread machine and/or bread pan.
- For simpler bread concepts, please go to Bread Dad’s sections on Bread Machine Recipes and Selfmade Bread Recipes.
In case you favored this recipe, please go away a remark beneath & give us a 5 star score. Starting bakers be taught quite a bit out of your baking feedback, ideas & recipe variations. Soar to remark part
Associated Bread Mixes – Packaged ingredient kits
- White Breads
- Entire Wheat Breads
- European-Model Breads
Questions – White Bread Machine Recipe
Is white bread higher than complete wheat?
Whereas white bread is fluffy & scrumptious, a lot of its bran fiber was eliminated throughout the milling course of. If you need extra fiber in your loved ones’s eating regimen, you must take into account a few of our different bread machine recipes and make your individual home made complete wheat bread, multigrain bread or oatmeal bread. However, many individuals like to make use of bread maker white bread recipes as a way to make sandwich bread and/or toast.
For extra data on white bread and the milling course of, you must learn this Wikipedia article.
Can I take advantage of all-purpose flour to make bread machine white bread?
You need to use all-purpose flour to make bread machine white bread. Nonetheless, all-purpose flour doesn’t have as a lot gluten as bread flour. Gluten helps to entice the carbon dioxide launched by the yeast. Due to this fact, bread flour rises higher than all-purpose flour and creates a chewier bread. Nonetheless, in case you are out of bread flour and might’t get to the shop, you should use all-purpose flour as a substitute. A bread maker white bread recipe made with all-purpose flour must be a good substitute… simply not so good as a white bread created with bread flour.
For extra on the variations between numerous kinds of flour, you must learn this Wikipedia article.
Can I take advantage of water to make bread machine white bread?
Read more: Claudia roden orange almond cake
Our simple bread machine white bread recipe makes use of milk. Nonetheless, you should use water if in case you have run out of milk. You need to substitute the water for milk on a 1 for 1 foundation (i.e. if a recipe makes use of 1 cup of milk then you must substitute it with 1 cup of water). Whereas a bread machine white bread made with water (as a substitute of milk) will usually be fairly good, it won’t be as flavorful as a white bread made with contemporary milk.
As a backup, some individuals prefer to have powdered milk at dwelling for the instances once they run out of milk and don’t wish to drive to the grocery store for contemporary milk. Powdered milk can usually final for a really very long time within the pantry earlier than it expires.
Can I take advantage of milk to make bread machine white bread? Different recipes use water to make white bread.
Many primary recipes for bread machine white bread use water as a result of water is normally extra available than milk (i.e. no working to the grocery store since you are out of milk). Nonetheless, we choose to make use of milk in our white bread machine recipe as a result of we predict that it improves the flavour of the white bread.
Can I make bread machine white bread with vegetable oil (with out butter)?
Sure, you can also make this simple bread machine white bread recipe with vegetable oil (as a substitute of butter). Some individuals prefer to make “no butter” white breads as a result of they’ve run out of butter or they’re attempting to cut back the saturated fats of their eating regimen.
You simply have to substitute vegetable oil for the butter on this recipe. They’re nearly equal substitutes. For instance, 1 tablespoon of butter equals 3/4 to 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (relying on the vegetable oil that you simply use). As well as, when making no butter white bread, you may wish to think about using a impartial flavored vegetable oil (i.e. corn or canola oil) versus a stronger flavored vegetable oil. Nonetheless, whereas the white bread made with vegetable oil might be okay, it can lack the scrumptious buttery style of the recipe above.
What further elements are you able to add to white bread?
You’ll be able to add a lot of completely different elements as a way to change the flavour of your white bread. You need to use butter as a substitute of vegetable oil as a way to add a extra buttery taste. You’ll be able to add spices reminiscent of Italian seasoning and dried rosemary. You’ll be able to add dried fruit reminiscent of dried cranberries as a way to add sweetness & some fruit taste. You need to use buttermilk or complete milk as a substitute of water. All it’s worthwhile to be is artistic along with your white bread and you may add a lot of scrumptious new flavors.
In case you favored this recipe, please go away a remark beneath & give us a 5 star score. It’s ALWAYS nice to listen to from somebody who has loved our recipes! Soar to remark part
- Wikipedia, Baker’s Yeast
- Wikipedia, Bread
- Wikipedia, Bread Machine
- Wikipedia, Flour
- Wikipedia, White Bread
Your implausible feedback encourage us to write down simpler & scrumptious recipes. Additionally starting bakers be taught a ton out of your useful recommendations, ideas and wonderful recipe variations. Thanks!
- Bread Machine – French Bread
- Bread Machine – Italian Bread
- Bread Machine – Oatmeal Bread
- Bread Machine – Pizza Dough
- Bread Machine – Entire Wheat Bread
- White Bread (Prompt Yeast)
Please go away a remark & recipe score within the remark field beneath
Read more: How to store cake batter