Potato Peas Curry (Aloo Matar) is an Indian delicacy that’s tremendous flavorful and simple to make in Instantaneous Pot or Stovetop just below half-hour for busy weeknights. Vegan & Gluten-free.
Potato Peas Curry is also called Aloo Matar Ki Sabji in Hindi ie, Aloo means potato, Matar means peas, and Sabji means Curry.
Reading: Vegetarian indian food instant pot
This recipe may be made in several methods like dry, semi-dry, or gravy variations. It took 3 minutes on excessive stress to cook dinner these potatoes completely. So be sure that to chop the potatoes round 1 to 1.5-inch items. In the event you cube them very small, they are going to get mushy and will not retain their form.
Frozen inexperienced peas can be found all year long. Nonetheless, I really like to make use of recent inexperienced peas on this recipe throughout the winter season. Extra inexperienced peas recipes from my weblog Mushroom Peas Curry, Cabbage Peas, Peas pulao, Paneer Matar Makhana Curry, and Matar Paneer.
Right this moment I’ve proven the gravy model on this weblog publish. You’ll find extra Vegetarian Instantaneous Pot Recipes right here.
Additionally, take a look at the Indian stress cooker & Stovetop pot recipe directions beneath for many who don’t have an Instantaneous Pot.
This Instantaneous Pot Potato Peas Curry Recipe
- Straightforward homestyle recipe made with primary substances obtainable at your pantry.
- vegan and gluten-free.
- pairs effectively with roti, paratha, rice, or any flatbread of selection.
Find out how to Make Potato Peas Curry in Instantaneous Pot
Read more: Healthy vegetarian air fryer recipes
Firstly, put together tomato puree by including two medium-sized tomatoes into the blender with little water and hold them apart.
Press SAUTE on Instantaneous Pot. Add oil to the POT. As soon as the oil is sizzling, add cumin seeds, let the cumin splutter, add onions, ginger-garlic paste, inexperienced chili, and fry till onions flip mild brown.
Then add ready tomato puree, crimson chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes.
Add peas, potatoes and salt and blend effectively. Then add water and provides a stir.
Shut the Instantaneous Pot with stress valve to Sealing. Prepare dinner on Excessive Strain for 3 minutes.
As soon as the pot beeps, let the stress launch naturally for five minutes after which do a QUICK RELEASE.
Read more: Vegetarian 4th of july recipes
Lastly, take away the lid away from you, add cashew-nut cream or recent cream and garnish with cilantro.
Instantaneous Pot Potato Peas Curry or Aloo Matar ki Sabji is prepared, serve sizzling with chapatis, roti & parathas.
Find out how to make Potato Curry on Stovetop?
You can also make Aloo Matar/potato peas curry in a pan or Kadai on the stovetop.
- Warmth oil within the pan or Kadai. As soon as the pan is sizzling add cumin, ginger-garlic paste, inexperienced chili and fry for 30 secs. Then add onions and saute till onions flip mild brown.
- Then add chopped tomatoes or pureed tomato, crimson chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes.
- Add peas, potatoes, and salt and blend effectively. Then add water and provides a stir.
- For a pan, cowl with a lid and cook dinner for about 10-Quarter-hour on medium-low warmth, whereas stirring often.
- After the cooking time is completed, add cashew-nut cream or recent cream and garnish with cilantro.
- Potato Peas Curry or aloo matar ki sabji is prepared, serve with sizzling with chapatis, roti & parathas.
Find out how to Serve Potato Peas Curry?
Serve potato peas curry as a aspect dish with chapatis, roti & parathas, or jeera rice.
Ideas & Variations
- If you wish to hold curry a bit of dry, then scale back the quantity of water.
- Including cashew-nut cream or recent cream is elective. That is added to make the curry extra wealthy and creamy.
- Cashew-nut cream may be made by mixing a couple of soaked cashew nuts and water in a blender.
- It’s also possible to add finely chopped tomatoes as a substitute of tomato puree. However I choose including puree to get a pleasant creamy texture.
- Strive including Kasuri methi leaves (dried fenugreek leaves) ultimately to get restaurant taste.
- You’ll be able to exchange potatoes with paneer or tofu or mushroom.
Different Curry Recipes
- Lauki Chana Dal
- Zucchini Besan Sabzi
- Aloo Inexperienced Beans Curry
- Rajma Masala
- Mushroom Masala
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for wholesome & tasty video recipes. Searching for Instantaneous Pot recipes, then take a look at my Instantaneous Pot Recipes board on Pinterest.
Read more: Lunch recipes with rice vegetarian