This scrumptious roasted corn and tomato salad proves that easy actually could be finest. Simply three substances and you’ve got the star of each summer time dinner, potluck, and barbecue! Vegan and gluten-free.
Like so many recipes, this easy corn and tomato salad took place by probability. I used to be baking lemon butter fish for dinner one night time, had some ears of corn to make use of, and was in search of a straightforward method to spruce them up.
Reading: Roasted corn and tomato salad
I’m fairly obsessive about cherry tomatoes and at all times have some available. Their juicy texture and pure sweetness pair fantastically with corn. The superb half is how little “extra” this easy salad must shine.
Because it seems, recent and seasonal produce tastes fairly dang superb all by itself.
What you’ll want
- Corn on the cob: estimate 1 ear per particular person if serving this as a aspect dish.
- Cherry tomatoes: about 1 pint, although admittedly I normally throw in an additional handful.
- Contemporary parsley: the Italian flat-leaf selection. This provides the proper peppery taste and pop of inexperienced.
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Actually — that’s it! Whereas there are many extra elaborate corn and tomato salad recipes on the market, that is our favourite. Everybody loves the style, and the cook dinner will love the simplicity. 🙂
Also read: Recipe for cajun potato salad
The one a part of this that requires any cooking in any respect is grilling the corn. After years of being intimidated by the grill, I’m happy to say now that I’ve conquered it, and with the ability to simply make corn on the cob this manner is such a deal with.
Suggestions for grilling corn
- Depart corn within the husks! They’re nature’s excellent wrapping and create a steaming impact so the corn kernels cook dinner completely inside, changing into tender with out drying out.
- Soaking optionally available. In case your husks are beginning to dry out, go forward and soak them in water earlier than grilling-but it’s not a should. It takes virtually no effort and is a pleasant insurance coverage coverage in opposition to dry corn (or a grill fireplace!) however I’ve skipped it when my ears are very recent and it didn’t influence the style or texture.
- Straightforward silk removing. There isn’t a have to peel them off earlier than cooking! After the ears are grilled, merely pull the husks again, and the silks will actually fall off with minimal effort.
- Grill over medium-high warmth for about 20 minutes. You wish to see some good char marks on the husks. It’s onerous to overcook corn within the husk, so don’t stress.
In case your curiosity is piqued, Foodie Crush has printed the final word information to grilled corn with much more suggestions, methods, and concepts.
Can I make this with out grilling the corn?
Sure, completely. You possibly can simply get an identical taste by cooking corn in a forged iron skillet or grill pan. Husk the corn first, set the pan over medium-high warmth, and add a drizzle of olive oil or butter. Place corn cobs within the skillet and cook dinner, turning each jiffy, till tender and seared a bit on all sides. You may as well minimize the kernels off the cob first and cook dinner the identical manner.
Corn can also be simple to cook dinner within the oven. Lower kernels off the cob and unfold on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons olive oil, toss to coat, and bake at 350 levels F for 15-20 minutes.
Can I take advantage of frozen or canned corn?
Sure — use what you’ve acquired, I say! I might counsel giving both a fast sauté with a little bit of butter or olive oil in a skillet or grill pan, if potential. Let cool briefly and proceed.
Also read: Is chicken salad low carb
Whereas we make this most frequently precisely as written, it’s additionally a terrific base for different add-ins and variations. Certainly one of my favorites is so as to add diced avocado for further heft and creaminess. You may as well add arugula for extra of a standard salad crunch. And check out sprinkling the corn with Cajun seasoning, jerk seasoning, a grilling mix, or the rest that you just love.
What to serve with it
A roasted corn and tomato salad could be very versatile. It makes an important aspect to just about something you’d get pleasure from in the summertime! A few of our favourite pairings are grilled dry rub rooster, garlic butter shrimp, or lemon butter fish.
This salad can also be an ideal contribution to potlucks and barbecues. Fast, simple, and extremely crowd-pleasing! It retains nicely for not less than 3-4 hours absolutely ready within the fridge, or you may merely mix the corn, tomatoes, and parsley, and add olive oil, salt, and pepper proper earlier than serving.
Simpler aspect salads
- Pearl Couscous Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
- White Bean Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Spinach Salad with Nectarines and Pecans
- On a regular basis Italian Salad
- 5-Minute Arugula Parmesan Salad (we eat this not less than as soon as every week!)
For those who do that roasted corn and tomato salad, don’t overlook to charge the recipe and go away a remark beneath. I really like listening to how recipes prove in your kitchen, and it helps different readers, too.
You may as well FOLLOW me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and TWITTER for extra nice recipes and concepts!
Also read: Whats in a kani salad