Here are the best roasted butternut squash soup with apples and carrots topics edited and compiled by takeoutfood.best
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup with Apple is made with fresh produce and warm spices for a wholesome soup full of fall flavor. Serve it as-is for a light appetizer, or add your favorite toppings for a filling meal! Dairy free and Vegan friendly.
What’s Better than Butternut?
Did you know that butternut squash is technically a fruit and not a vegetable? It’s true! It’s also one of the most common varieties of winter squash. I love how versatile it can taste! Whether you want something on the sweeter side or prefer a savory flavor, butternut squash can do it all! Not to mention, it’s super good for you, too. Of course, you can roast it and serve it as a side dish like these Foil Packet Potatoes and Eggs. Personally, my favorite way to eat butternut squash is in a soup such as Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Persimmon!
However, variety is the spice of life! Am I right? So, I decided to switch things up in my meal prep routine and created a second butternut squash soup with apple! It’s sweet, savory, and always delicious. Basically, it’s everything you ever needed…at least in a soup!
Is Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Good for You?
You butter believe it is! This butternut squash and apple soup is made fresh produce for nutrient-packed ingredients including:
Onions – Onions are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin B, and potassium. They can help prevent heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
Ginger – Ginger is full of anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants to help boost your immune system, lower blood sugar, and aid with osteoarthritis.
Apples – Apples are high in vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and polyphenols. As a result, they can help promote good gut bacteria and health, aid in weight management, help preserve bone density, and more!
Carrots – Carrots are known for being a good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium, and antioxidants. As a result, consuming them can help improve your eye health, lower blood cholesterol, and reduce the risk of cancer.
However, the real star of the show are the benefits of butternut squash!
It’s packed with vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium, and fiber. As a result, it can help reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, protect against Alzheimer’s disease, and regulate digestion.
How to Make Butternut Squash Soup with Apple
Not only is this vegan butternut squash soup recipe nutritious, but it’s also quick to make when you follow the simple instructions below!
- Sauté. Start by sautéeing the onion, garlic, ginger, and carrot for 2-3 minutes. Then, add the squash, apple, and cumin, and sautée the ingredients for another 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add Broth. Once the ingredients are soft and fragrant, add the broth, and stir to combine. Next, place a cinnamon stick in the pot, and seal it with the lid.
- Pressure Cook. Set your instant pot to manual pressure cook for 12 minutes, and let it natural release for 10-12 minutes before switching to the quick release sweating.
- Blend. After all the pressure has been fully released, use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add Ingredients. Transfer the soup back to the instant pot, and keep it warm. To finish, add the remaining ingredients, stir them to combine well, and let them simmer for 10 minutes until the flavor of the spices have blended into the soup.
Recipe Variations for Sweet & Spicy Butternut Squash Soup
One of the best things about this soup is that you can alter it to fit all your needs and flavor preferences by:
- Roasting the veggies: For more depth to the flavor, try roasting the butternut squash, onions, and carrots before adding them to the soup. This will create a slightly more caramelized taste without much extra time!
- Adding gluten free grains: Make this butternut squash soup with apple extra hearty by adding in your favorite grain such as rice, quinoa, or even gluten free noodles.
- Switching up the spices: Feel free to experiment with different spice combinations. For instance, I like to add a bit of chai. Or, leave out the cinnamon, and use chipotle powder instead for a bit of a Mexican flair!
Use fun toppings! When it comes to toppings, you really can’t go wrong. My favorite additions include thyme, parsley, and roasted pumpkin seeds. Some other delicious options include:
- Cheese such as parmesan, mozzarella, crumbled feta, or vegan cheese adds a savory component.
- Nuts and seeds including pine nuts, pepitas, and almonds add delicious crunch and heart-healthy fats.
- Protein like prosciutto can be used to create a sweet and salty contrast and can help boost the protein content for a super filling meal.
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup with Apple is one of my fall favorites! Are you a fan of seasonal recipes, too? Let me know what your favorites are below!
Top 4 roasted butternut squash soup with apples and carrots edited by Takeout Food
Butternut Squash Apple Soup – Veggie Inspired
- Author: veggieinspired.com
- Published: 10/04/2022
- Review: 4.77 (475 vote)
- Summary: Oct 4, 2016 Instructions In a soup pot on the stove, add the squash, carrots, apple, broth, salt, pepper, cinnamon, curry powder, and turmeric and bring to
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe – One Happy Dish
- Author: onehappydish.com
- Published: 07/26/2022
- Review: 4.57 (526 vote)
- Summary: May 24, 2021 Ingredients 1 medium butternut squash about 3 pounds 2 yellow potatoes 3 carrots 1 Granny Smith apple 2 tablespoons olive oil divided 1
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – Ahead of Thyme
- Author: aheadofthyme.com
- Published: 07/10/2022
- Review: 4.23 (573 vote)
- Summary: Ingredients butternut squash carrots celery onion garlic – for the best and most potent flavor, use real cloves garlic. fresh herbs – sage, thyme, and
Honey Roasted Apple, Carrot, Butternut Squash Soup
- Author: thethreetomatoes.com
- Published: 05/13/2022
- Review: 4.17 (231 vote)
- Summary: · Honey Roasted Apple, Carrot, Butternut Squash Soup · 1 Granny Smith Apple, diced · 1 Macintosh Apple, diced · 1 Lb. Baby Carrots, peeled · 1 Lb