Extremely moist, simple to make, and topped with a thick lemon icing, this lemon blueberry bread is bound to be a brand new favourite! A mix of oil and bitter cream prevents the short bread from drying out, whereas lemon juice and zest provides a lot of tangy taste.
Reading: Recipe for blueberry lemon bread
Need to know a harmful secret? There’s simply 20 minutes of hands-on prep work standing between you and a whole loaf of glazed lemon blueberry bread.
This fast bread recipe is extremely simple to make and has been a reader favourite for a few years. The batter comes collectively virtually mindlessly, and if the thick lemon glaze didn’t have to go on high of the bread I may very simply eat it with a spoon.
If blueberries aren’t in season, make this lemon blueberry loaf with frozen berries. It’s a scrumptious year-round deal with that provides a pop of brilliant spring flavors to any day!
Read more: Is carrot cake made with carrots
Elements in This Recipe
I virtually all the time have the components wanted for this simple fast bread available. You’ll discover the complete measurements within the recipe card beneath, however let’s overview a few of the star components.
- Oil: I choose utilizing oil somewhat than melted butter because it retains the bread moist and springy. You should utilize both canola, vegetable, or melted coconut oil. If utilizing coconut oil, ensure that all the different components are at room temperature to forestall it from solidifying.
- Bitter cream: I all the time make lemon blueberry bread with bitter cream because it provides moisture and tang to the batter. If desired, you possibly can substitute it with an equal quantity of full-fat plain Greek yogurt.
- Lemon juice and zest: I extremely suggest utilizing freshly squeezed lemon juice. Don’t add greater than the recipe requires, as the additional moisture may alter the feel of the baked fast bread. In the event you’re craving an excellent stronger lemon taste, add further lemon zest to the batter as a substitute.
- Blueberries: I prefer to toss the berries with a pair teaspoons of flour earlier than mixing them into the batter. The flour helps forestall the berries from sinking to the underside whereas the bread bakes.
- Confectioners’ sugar: Kinds the bottom of the lemon glaze. Including much less confectioners’ sugar will end in a runnier glaze, whereas including further will end in a thicker (and sweeter) glaze.
Find out how to Make Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Mix the dry components: Whisk collectively the flour, baking powder, and salt in a big bowl. Put aside.
- Mix the moist components: In one other mixing bowl, whisk collectively the oil, sugar, bitter cream, eggs, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry components the moist: Stir till simply mixed.
- Add the blueberries: Toss the berries with 2 teaspoons of flour earlier than mixing them into the batter. This can forestall them from sinking to the underside of the loaf.
- Bake the bread: Flip the batter right into a greased and lined 9×5-inch loaf pan, then bake till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear.
- Make the lemon glaze: As soon as the lemon blueberry loaf has cooled utterly, whisk collectively the lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar and unfold it evenly excessive.
- Permit the glaze to set: The glaze will begin to arrange after roughly 15 to twenty minutes.
Steadily Requested Questions
Can Frozen Blueberries Be Used?
Sure, chances are you’ll use recent or frozen blueberries on this recipe. If utilizing frozen berries, add them on to the batter with out thawing them first and ensure to softly fold them in. Chances are you’ll want to extend the bake time by a couple of minutes.
Can Lemon Extract Be Added?
Read more: Cake flavours name with images
For a a lot stronger lemon taste, you possibly can add 1 teaspoon of lemon extract to the batter. Do NOT use lemon oil as that’s totally different from lemon extract.
Can I Bake the Batter in Mini Loaf Pans?
Sure, you possibly can bake the bread in mini loaf pans however you have to to cut back the baking time. My finest guess is that it will in all probability take 20 to 35 minutes relying on the scale of your pans.
Can the Batter Be Baked in a Muffin Pan?
Sure, you possibly can divide the batter between 12 greased or lined muffin cups. The bake time ought to be round 20 minutes. Or you should utilize my lemon blueberry muffin recipe as a substitute.
Can the Bread Be Frozen?
Sure, the lemon blueberry bread might be frozen for as much as three months. I choose freezing the bread with out the glaze. After thawing it in a single day within the fridge, I deliver your complete loaf to room temperature earlier than glazing and serving it.
Read more: How to make cake pops with cake pop maker
Extra Lemon Blueberry Recipes to Make!
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Baked Lemon Blueberry Donuts