Oven roasted potatoes are a classic and delicious side dish that can be enjoyed with many different meals. They’re versatile, easy to make, and incredibly satisfying. But have you ever tried adding onion soup mix to your roasted potatoes? This simple ingredient can take your potatoes to a whole new level of flavor. In this article, we’ll show you how to make Oven Roasted Potatoes With Onion Soup Mix that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
What is Onion Soup Mix?
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s talk about onion soup mix. Onion soup mix is a combination of dehydrated onions, beef bouillon, and other seasonings like garlic and parsley. It’s a versatile ingredient that can be used to enhance the flavor of many dishes, including soups, stews, dips, and even roasted vegetables. The savory flavor of the beef bouillon combined with the sweetness of the dehydrated onions creates a rich and flavorful seasoning that can make any dish taste better.
Ingredients for Oven Roasted Potatoes with Onion Soup Mix
To make oven roasted potatoes with onion soup mix, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds of small potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the halved or quartered potatoes with the olive oil until they are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the potatoes and toss again until the potatoes are coated with the seasoning.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until they are crispy and golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve the roasted potatoes hot, garnished with fresh herbs like parsley or chives if desired.
Tips for Making Perfect Oven Roasted Potatoes with Onion Soup Mix
- Use small potatoes: Small potatoes are best for roasting because they cook faster and have a creamier texture than larger potatoes. We recommend using baby potatoes, fingerling potatoes, or small red potatoes.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan: It’s important to arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet to ensure that they roast evenly and get crispy on the outside. If you overcrowd the pan, the potatoes will steam instead of roast.
- Use parchment paper: Lining the baking sheet with parchment paper prevents the potatoes from sticking to the pan and makes cleanup a breeze.
- Use fresh onion soup mix: If you have the time, we recommend making your own onion soup mix from scratch using fresh ingredients. However, if you’re short on time, using a store-bought mix is perfectly fine.
- Experiment with different seasonings: While onion soup mix is delicious, it’s not the only seasoning you can use to roast potatoes. Try experimenting with other seasonings like garlic powder, paprika, or rosemary to find your favorite flavor combination.
Oven roasted potatoes with onion soup mix are a simple and delicious side dish that can elevate any meal. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a dish that’s crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with a rich and savory flavor. Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or hosting a dinner party, this recipe is sure to impress. So why not give it a try?