Are you looking for a tasty and healthy side dish that is easy to prepare? Look no further than this Oven Roasted Green Beans Recipe. This dish is not only delicious, but it is also packed with nutrients that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
The Benefits of Green Beans
Green beans are a nutrient-rich vegetable that is low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin A, as well as folate, iron, and potassium. Green beans are also high in antioxidants, which can help protect against cell damage and lower the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
Preparing the Green Beans
To make this oven roasted green beans recipe, you will need:
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Begin by preheating your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, wash and trim the ends off the green beans. Spread the green beans out on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season the green beans with salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
Roasting the Green Beans
Once your oven is preheated and your green beans are seasoned and coated with oil, it’s time to roast them. Place the baking sheet with the green beans in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the green beans are tender and slightly browned.
This oven roasted green beans recipe is versatile and can be served with a variety of dishes. They are the perfect side dish for grilled chicken, roasted turkey, or seared salmon. You can also serve them as a snack or appetizer with a side of hummus or tzatziki sauce.
Tips for Perfect Roasted Green Beans
To get the best results when making this oven roasted green beans recipe, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Use fresh green beans: Fresh green beans are the best choice for this recipe. They will have a crisp texture and a bright green color.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan: It’s important to spread the green beans out on the baking sheet so that they roast evenly. If you overcrowd the pan, the green beans may steam instead of roast.
- Roast at a high temperature: Roasting at a high temperature (425 degrees Fahrenheit) will help the green beans cook quickly and evenly, giving them a delicious crispy texture.
- Season generously: Green beans can be bland on their own, so it’s important to season them generously with salt and pepper to enhance their flavor.
This oven roasted green beans recipe is a simple and delicious way to add more nutrients to your diet. It’s a perfect side dish that is quick and easy to make, and it pairs well with a variety of main courses. With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to create a perfect roasted green beans dish every time. Give this recipe a try, and you won’t be disappointed!