Kale Salad with Goat Cheese, Cranberries and Orange is a refreshing kale salad recipe with creamy goat cheese, orange and pepitas tossed in a tangy citrus dressing!
Christmas has all the time been an enormous baking fest for me, however I simply haven’t gotten into it but. I’ve been into more healthy meals since my Thanksgiving pie baking spree, so I’ll undoubtedly take a bowl of salad over a Christmas cookie proper now!
Reading: Orange kale salad with pepitas
Read more: City bbq restaurant potato salad recipe
This Kale Salad with Goat Cheese recipe was impressed by a salad that I attempted at one in every of my favourite eating places just lately. I really like kale, so I’m all the time on the lookout for extra methods to alter issues up.
A few of my favorites embrace my kale brussels sprout salad, kale slaw and vacation salad. I merely can’t get sufficient!
Kale oftentimes will get a foul rap for being bitter and fibrous. I all the time take away the robust stems, which is accountable for many of the bitter taste and fibrous texture.
Also read: What goes well with chinese chicken salad
One of the best ways to make kale comfortable and tender is to offer it a therapeutic massage. It makes a world of distinction! See my massaged kale salad for extra info.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- This kale salad with goat cheese is crisp, refreshing and filled with texture and taste.
- Kale is good and hearty, which retains your salad from wilting down even after it’s tossed within the dressing.
- This salad could also be made forward of time, which makes it good for meal prep and entertaining.
This salad solely features a few substances, together with the do-it-yourself citrus dressing.
- Kale (one bunch of lacinto or curly varieties). I desire to buy it by the bunch to be able to take away the robust, fibrous stems. All pre-chopped varieties consists of these fibrous, bitter stems.
- Goat cheese.
- Dried cranberries.
- Inexperienced onions.
- Pepitas (or your favourite nuts or seeds).
- Olive oil.
- White balsamic vinegar or your favourite.
- Dijon mustard.
- Maple syrup.
The right way to make this recipe:
- Prep the kale. Wash it and blot it dry with a towel, then tear it into chunk sized items and place in a bowl. Discard the robust internal stems.
- Prep the orange. Peel the orange and lower into slices. Minimize every slice into triangular sized bite-size items.
- Prep the inexperienced onions. Slice the inexperienced onions thinly on the bias.
- Put together the dressing. Place the olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup and salt and pepper to style in a jar. Safe the lid on the jar on shake vigorously till emulsified.
- Assemble the salad. Add the orange, inexperienced onion, goat cheese, cranberries and pepitas to the bowl of kale. Toss with the specified quantity of dressing till properly coated (you could not want all of the dressing).
- Kale could also be prepped a day forward in a zipper prime plastic bag or bowl lined with plastic wrap. See this massaged kale salad to see therapeutic massage kale to make it comfortable and tender.
- Child kale could also be used, however you shouldn’t assemble your salad till simply earlier than serving as it should wilt shortly.
- I bought pre-toasted pepitas within the refrigerated part of my grocery store. It’s also possible to buy them uncooked and toast them on a rimmed baking sheet in a 350 diploma oven for about 5-10 minutes or till aromatic.
Extra kale recipes you’ll love:
- Breakfast casserole
- Broccoli kale salad
- Kale apple salad
- Kale pesto by Bon Appetit
- Kale smoothie
- Sausage kale soup
- White bean kale soup
Sharing is caring!
Also read: Som tam salad with live crab