No matter your mannequin, it is best to all the time shut down your grill utilizing the grill’s shutdown characteristic.
Why Is Correct Shutdown Necessary?
Following the proper shutdown course of is particularly essential for grill upkeep and to your security as improper shutdowns result in backburn and grill fires. It could actually additionally result in temperature fluctuations on the next cooks.
Reading: How to shut down traeger grill
Backburn and Grill Fires
Backburn is when the pellets within the auger ignite and start to burn. Whenever you flip off the grill with out utilizing the shutdown characteristic, mechanical elements just like the auger cease functioning; in the meantime, the fireplace continues to be burning at full drive within the firepot. This may result in a warped auger, a jammed auger, and grill fires.
Improper shutdowns also can forestall the grill from burning out the build-up of pellets within the firepot on the finish of your prepare dinner. The subsequent time you begin your grill, there could also be too many pellets within the firepot, inflicting a grill hearth.
How to Shut Down Your Grill
Also read: Power smokeless grill how to use
If in case you have a WiFIRE-enabled grill, you’ve got two choices to provoke the shutdown cycle.
Shut down the grill utilizing your grill’s controller.
- In case your controller has an illuminated standby button, press it for 3 seconds, and the grill will enter the shutdown cycle.
- In case your controller doesn’t have a standby button, however somewhat you flip in your controller by urgent the choice knob, press the knob for 3 seconds and the grill will then enter the shutdown cycle.
Shut down the grill utilizing the Traeger App.
- Faucet the grill banner on the underside of the app web page.
- Faucet the Shutdown button
- Drag the fireplace button down to verify grill shutdown.
The shutdown cycle on WiFIRE-enabled grills will final between 15 and 25 minutes relying on the grill’s temperature at shutdown. As soon as the shutdown cycle is full, the grill will ship a small variety of pellets into the firepot to help with future cooks.
Also read: How to season a blackstone flat top grill
Non-WiFIRE Enabled Grill
Following a correct shutdown cycle on a non-WiFIRE grill is straightforward.
- In case your controller has a temperature knob, flip the knob to Shut Down Cycle.
- In case your controller has buttons, maintain the center button for two to three seconds.
Auger Feeding Pellets Throughout Shutdown
If in case you have a WiFIRE-enabled grill, it’s regular for the auger to proceed to feed pellets in the course of the shutdown cycle because it helps forestall backburn.
Non-WiFIRE enabled grills shouldn’t proceed to feed pellets in the course of the shutdown cycle. For those who The most typical purpose for that is swapped wires.
To be able to resolve the issue, be certain that the fan and the motor wires usually are not swapped. This may trigger the fan to cease working throughout shutdown and the motor will proceed to feed pellets. To repair it, let’s verify if the wires are swapped.
- Unscrew and take away controller from the grill.
- Examine if the wire colours match on each side of the Molex connector.
- Pink to crimson/white, orange to orange/white
- The purple wire will join with two cream wires.
- If the wire colours do not match, disconnect them and swap them to the proper connector.
- If this doesn’t repair the auger feeding throughout shutdown, contact Buyer Service.
Right Wire Connections
Read more: Veggie skewers on the grill