Here are the best how to season a blackstone griddle for the first time topics edited and compiled by Takeout Food
You may already know how to clean a cast-iron skillet, but what about how to clean Blackstone griddle? Those using a Blackstone griddle, a flattop cooking surface synonymous with alfresco patio dining, know that the steel-and-carbon appliance can transform a meal. “The durability and build of a Blackstone griddle, as well as its heat distribution, makes cooking on it easy,” says chef and pizzaiolo Jorge Sandoval of Brooklyn Ave. Pizza Co. in Los Angeles. “And if it’s aged and seasoned, it gets better with time.” Sandoval has been using his Blackstone griddle to make plenty of sandwiches—from paninis to grilled cheeses with jalapeño slices. “Quesadillas and cheese steaks also do great on the griddle,” he says. A Blackstone griddle is ideal for outdoor culinary adventures, in which it may take hours of cooking a hearty meal but without a pile of dishes and utensils.
LA-based Vanessa Garcia, a tasker on the Taskrabbit platform who routinely oversees cleaning needs, knows that a Blackstone griddle comes with its own rules. “You don’t need big, fancy tools, as long as it is cleaned periodically,” she says. With proper maintenance, your cooking dream machine can last 15 to 20 years.
To make the cleanup as effortless as preparing your meals, follow these expert tips on how to keep this hot griddle in tip-top shape—no matter if it’s a portable tabletop or a full-service backyard Blackstone beauty.
What is the best way to clean a Blackstone griddle?
It’s best to clean this item often, starting as soon as it arrives at your door. After you’ve unwrapped your new cooking toy (and admired its beauty, of course), start by positioning your new Blackstone griddle in the perfect location. This spot should be a dry place with some shade for it (and for the chef). Then, fill a bucket halfway with hot water and soap. Grab a towel and scrub the cooking surface down with the soapy water, then switch to paper towels to dry everything off. This will ensure that any dust or grime that settled onto the griddle top during the manufacturing and shipping process won’t be a part of your meal. Since this is a new product, don’t go crazy with the dish soap. You’re not dealing with stuck-on cheese or hamburger juices just yet. Think of it as a rinse and a refresh. Let your Blackstone griddle air-dry, Garcia advices, and then use microfiber cloths to wipe away any remaining moisture. Definitely make sure that the griddle top is totally dry before you start to cook or store it away. Even tiny water droplets can result in rust.
Afterward, coat the surface in a cooking oil as a protective layer, and let that air dry. “This step preserves the life of the griddle so it doesn’t rust,” Garcia adds. Blackstone has its own seasoning and cast-iron conditioner, but you can also use vegetable oil, olive oil, shortening, flax oil, or canola oil for this task.
Top 7 how to season a blackstone griddle for the first time edited by Takeout Food
How to season a Blackstone Griddle
- Author: thekitchenbucketlist.com
- Published: 11/20/2021
- Review: 4.61 (344 vote)
- Summary: · Seasoning · Make sure you have room to work and good ventilation because now it is time for the heat. · Now that your griddle is smoothed, cleaned
Do You Have to Season a Blackstone Griddle?
- Author: thenorthendbbq.com
- Published: 08/12/2022
- Review: 4.5 (516 vote)
- Summary: How to Season a New Blackstone Griddle
How to Season Your Griddle Top
- Author: nexgrill.com
- Published: 05/05/2022
- Review: 4.2 (402 vote)
- Summary: Season Your Griddle Top in Four Easy Steps · Step 3. Once your grill is plenty hot, apply cooking oil to the griddle top, using your tongs and a wad of paper
How To: Season A Blackstone Griddle
- Author: cravethegood.com
- Published: 07/16/2022
- Review: 4.07 (211 vote)
- Summary: · Heat the griddle over medium-high heat for 10 – 15 minutes. If it’s new, you may notice a color change from a grey to a brownish color, this is
How to Clean a Blackstone Griddle (Complete Guide)
- Author: prolinerangehoods.com
- Published: 06/14/2022
- Review: 3.83 (228 vote)
- Summary: How to Season Your Blackstone Griddle · 1. Wipe off the griddle with a towel to remove dust. · 2. Turn the griddle on high heat. · 3. Pour about a tablespoon of
How to season a Blackstone Griddle
- Author: thetastytravelers.com
- Published: 05/21/2022
- Review: 3.78 (304 vote)
- Summary: · I used the Blackstone Seasoning & Cast Iron Conditioner. But, you can also use just about any type of oil or cast iron conditioner. If you
Can I Use Crisco To Season Blackstone Griddle? – Kitchen Seer
- Author: kitchenseer.com
- Published: 06/07/2022
- Review: 3.47 (252 vote)
- Summary: · Clean The Blackstone Griddle · Preheat Blackstone Griddle · Apply Crisco Or Other Oil · Allow The Crisco Or Oil Cook For 15 Minutes · Repeat Process