Nuts are considered one of our favourite heart-healthy meals as a result of they will do all of it. Snack on ’em solo, toss them into stir-fries and vegetable facet dishes or any of those different wholesome methods so as to add nuts to your eating regimen. Whereas we don’t essentially favor one nut over the others, a latest bulk-bin sale gave us the chance to fall tougher for roasted cashews.
Cashews are one of many costlier nuts, however additionally they have an extremely buttery, candy taste and comfortable texture that makes us go gaga. They’re tasty uncooked, however they turn into crunchy and unbelievable should you costume them up with herbs and spices and roast them till they’re golden brown. (Additionally they occur to be fairly nice to cook dinner with, too.)
Reading: How to roast cashews in an oven
Fortunately, the roasting course of is extremely straightforward! You need to use any of the cooking strategies under to get there, and as soon as they’re cooled, they’ll maintain for per week on the counter in an hermetic container. Wish to prolong their life additional? Retailer roasted cashews within the fridge for 4 months, or within the freezer for a 12 months.
So what are you ready for? Seize a bag of cashews, toss them with somewhat oil and salt and get cooking. If you wish to get fancy, scroll on to examine our favourite taste combos for roasted cashews.
How to Make Roasted Cashews
- 1 cup cashews (about 5 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, coconut oil or melted ghee
- Pinch of kosher salt
A fast notice in regards to the substances: We suggest roasting entire cashews at any time when potential. You’ll be able to chop them into smaller items as soon as they’re roasted, however they’ll burn extra simply should you attempt to roast already chopped nuts.
Roasted Cashews within the Oven
Also read: How to replace hidden bake element
Oven roasting is our favourite technique. It’s not solely probably the most hands-off cooking method, but it surely additionally tends to roast the cashews most evenly. We suggest utilizing a baking sheet with rimmed edges, which makes it considerably simpler to shake the nuts with out tossing them in every single place. You’ll be able to be at liberty to double (and even triple) the recipe should you like.
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. In a big bowl, mix the cashews, oil and salt and toss to coat.
- Unfold the nuts in a single layer on the ready baking sheet and bake for 8 to 12 minutes, shaking the pan each 5 minutes to assist the nuts cook dinner evenly. When the cashews begin to odor nutty and switch golden brown, they’re prepared!
Roasted Cashews on the Range
If you might want to roast cashews on-the-fly, toasting them in a skillet is the way in which to go! It’s a lot faster than the oven-roasting technique, though you will have to stir the nuts extra continuously to assist them brown evenly. We suggest utilizing a light-weight skillet (versus forged iron) to make it simpler to toss and stir the nuts as they cook dinner.
How to make it:
- Warmth a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the cashews, oil and salt to the pan and shake or stir to mix.
- Prepare dinner for 3 to five minutes, stirring continuously to make sure every nut makes contact with the recent pan. When the nuts attain the specified shade, take away them from the warmth and allow them to cool earlier than storing.
Roasted Cashews within the Microwave
The microwave works surprisingly properly for roasting cashews! It’s fast and straightforward, and as a bonus, it’s practically not possible to burn the nuts by chance. As in comparison with the opposite roasting strategies, the microwaved cashews prove a contact softer with out the identical crunchy exterior.
How to make it:
- Mix the cashews with the oil and salt and place them in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate.
- Prepare dinner at full energy in one-minute intervals, turning the plate every time in case your microwave doesn’t mechanically rotate. Proceed to cook dinner the cashews till they turn into golden brown and toasted.
Roasted Cashews in a Toaster Oven
Read more: Gas charcoal grill with smoker
In case you don’t wish to warmth up the entire home, look to the toaster oven to roast a small quantity of nuts. Understand that a toaster oven locations the nuts nearer to the heating aspect, so that you’ll wish to maintain a detailed eye on them to maintain them from burning as they cook dinner.
How to make it:
- Set the toaster oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, mix the cashews, oil and salt and place them in a single layer on the toaster oven’s baking sheet.
- Prepare dinner for 3 to five minutes, stirring the nuts each jiffy, till they’re golden brown. The nuts ought to odor nutty and fragrant as they cook dinner. In case you discover any acrid or burnt aromas, cease cooking instantly.
Roasted Cashews in an Air Fryer
An air fryer is principally a tabletop convection oven, which suggests it really works completely for roasting cashews. Relying on the scale of your air fryer, you may most likely double the recipe to cook dinner two cups of roasted cashews without delay.
How to make it:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix the cashews, oil and salt and place them contained in the air fryer.
- Prepare dinner the nuts for five minutes, taking out the basket to present them a superb toss. Exchange the basket and cook dinner for an extra 3 to five minutes, till the cashews attain the specified shade.
Taste Combos for Roasted Cashews
Wish to take your roasted cashews to the following stage? Toss them with some spices. If in case you have bother getting the spices to stick with oil alone, attempt including an egg white to the combo. Beat one egg white for each 4 cups of cashews. Toss the cashews with the egg white earlier than coating them with the spices.
- Flip roasted cashews right into a dessert deal with by tossing them with cinnamon. It’s also possible to add two tablespoons of honey or maple syrup to the combo to sweeten issues up.
- Make cashews additional savory by including garlic powder and onion salt to the combo. Get our Garlic & Onion Cashew recipe.
- Don’t be afraid to get herbaceous. Contemporary herbs like rosemary, parsley, sage and thyme pair exceptionally properly with roasted nuts.
- Get spicy with it by including dried chilies to your roasted cashews. You need to use crushed pink pepper flakes, cayenne or chili powder. Comply with the total recipe right here.
- Add smoked taste with out hitting the smoker. Toss the nuts with floor cumin, paprika or floor coriander earlier than roasting. Take a peek at how we did it.
- Combine and match! Roasted cashews are an open template to experiment, so make sweet-and-spicy nuts, or go for a smoky-and-herbaceous combine. The chances are countless.
Use your roasted cashews in these recipes for snacks, dinner and dessert.
Read more: My weber grill is not getting hot enough