This White Cheese Sauce is made with out flour and is good for dipping and smothering meals like nachos or fries. It’s easy to make and prepared in lower than quarter-hour. Plus its gluten-free since there isn’t any flour or ‘roux’ wanted!
This cheese sauce is really easy and so deliciously creamy!
It is made grain free and gluten free which means I didn’t use ANY thickeners like flour or cornstarch which most different cheese sauces have.
It’s straight cheese and milk!
This sauce is good for dipping tortilla chips, pretzels, fries and even topping nachos with! Watch the video under to ensure your sauce comes out excellent each time!
- Milk- Complete milk is the one sort I like to recommend. The fats content material will assist to maintain the sauce clean and creamy with out separating.
- American Cheese– American cheese is nice melting cheese and needs to be chopped up earlier than including to your pot.
- Monterey Jack Cheese– Monterey Jack cheese is a scrumptious cheese that additionally melts very nicely making it supreme for sauces.
Getting The Good Consistency
A typical query I hear is “How do you thicken a cheese sauce without flour?”.
Cheese is of course thick so it does not essentially want a thickener. The exhausting half is getting it SMOOTH and CREAMY! All I do for this white cheese sauce recipe is soften my cheese in MILK. Though there’s not a lot room for error, there are some things that you’ve got to remember.
The TYPE of cheese you employ makes a distinction. For instance, sharp cheese doesn’t soften in addition to a gentle cheddar. Neither does parmesan.
I exploit American cheese for two causes…
- It’s white. (appears to be like higher on my Pulled Pork Nachos)
- It additionally melts nicely!
So simply including milk to it offers you a deliciously creamy sauce that can NOT harden up on you when cooled! YAY to flourless cheese sauces!
Read more: How to make tomato sauce less sweet
Attempt topping these Mini Baked Potatoes with this cheese sauce!
Selecting The Greatest Cheese
Most creamy cheeses will work however some will style higher than others.
The highest FOUR cheeses for this sauce I like are:
- Monterey Jack
*Cheddar cheese is scrumptious however sadly it doesn’t soften very nicely so go for one of many different cheeses I like to recommend.
How To Thicken Your Sauce With out Flour
Usually you would want milk/cream and a ‘roux’ to make any cheese sauce. A roux is made by melting butter and flour collectively then including milk or cream to the saucepan.
If you wish to use cheddar cheese, this is able to be the way in which to go.
However, I am assuming you are studying this since you desire a flourless cheese sauce recipe. So to thicken this sauce, we have to permit the cheese ITSELF to be the thickener.
Because the cheese melts, it’s going to get creamy however not creamy sufficient to dip. So to make the sauce dippable, I add entire milk. It retains the integrity of the sauce and provides extra creamy taste.
I don’t recommend utilizing LOW FAT or SKIM MILK. Complete milk is the very best to make sure you get a creamy sauce.
This Sauce vs. Nacho Cheese Sauce
Once we consider “NACHO” chees. we often consider that processed orange/yellow cheese that all of us can not help however LOVE. (at the least I do…) I imply, what’s to hate. It is thick, creamy, silky and by no means hardens!
Read more: What is peri peri sauce
However it is not wholesome and could be very exhausting to make by yourself with out these nasty components. Velveeta makes use of all types of meals starches and hydrogenated oils to get its consistency. These are NOT a pantry staple in my home and should not pure.
In case your going for that vivid yellow/orange coloration, your greatest wager is to make use of cheddar cheese with a roux.
How Not To Get A Curdled or ‘Gritty’ Cheese Sauce
Cheese begins to separate at about 160 levels Fahrenheit so watch out when making your sauce! It’s a low and sluggish course of!
To forestall curdling, ensure you DO NOT:
- Flip your warmth too excessive! NO boiling allowed! The bottom setting is greatest. As soon as it will get too scorching, there isn’t any turning again!
- Use something lower than WHOLE milk! 2% or skim milk have a lot much less fats in them. The fats is what it is advisable to hold the sauce clean and creamy!
- Use every other cheeses then those listed above! Sharp cheeses like cheddar don’t soften nicely AT ALL!
- Add a enormous chunk of cheese to your milk. Not solely will it take longer however it’s going to create uneven scorching spots which result in gritty cheese!
Serving Your Sauce
Listed here are some issues you possibly can dip into your cheese sauce:
- Tortilla chips
- Comfortable pretzels
- French fries
- Rooster nuggets
- Pita bread
- Potato Wedges
It is Additionally Nice For Topping:
- Chips to make nachos!
- Mini Cheesesteak Wonton Bites
Listed here are some cute vessels to serve your cheese sauce in!
Mini crock pot
📲 Say hello on social!! 👋 Observe me on fb, instagram, pinterest, youtube or tiktok for extra recipes and entertaining suggestions!
Also read: How to make tiger sauce