This strawberry puree recipe is filled with vivid berry taste! It’s excellent for drizzling on pancakes, waffles, and muffins…or consuming with a spoon.
Right here’s a deliciously contemporary recipe you will need to strive with a load of berries: Strawberry Puree! What’s it? Strawberry puree is a mix of contemporary strawberries, sweetener and lemon juice. It’s raw and solely flippantly sweetened, not like a strawberry syrup which is cooked with a hefty quantity of sugar. Use the contemporary puree to dollop on pancakes, oatmeal, waffles, and muffins, or eat with a spoon like applesauce. It stunned us with its pure taste: and it’s develop into a standby in our home! (Our child can’t get sufficient.)
Desire a strawberry puree for drinks? Do that strawberry syrup as a substitute, which brings a stronger berry taste to cocktails and mocktails.
How to make strawberry puree
This tasty puree takes solely 5 minutes to make: all you have to do is throw it in a blender! Strawberry syrup requires simmering down berries with numerous sugar till it turns into syrupy. However with puree, it’s only a fast whiz. The flavour pops much more, as a result of it makes use of uncooked raw berries.
- To make strawberry puree, mix 1 pound of strawberries with ¼ cup sugar and a couple of teaspoons lemon juice in a blender or meals processor till clean.
- Wish to make a half recipe? You are able to do that too! Simply take into account in case you’re utilizing a big blender, mix on low velocity till all the pieces incorporates (it may be tough to mix smaller portions).
Read more: Divas can cook yellow cake
Can you employ a pure sweetener in strawberry puree? You wager! If you happen to choose all pure sugars like maple syrup or honey, they work too. You should utilize equal elements of the next sweeteners to substitute for sugar:
- Maple syrup
- Coconut sugar
- Agave syrup / agave nectar
We haven’t tried this with monkfruit sweetener, however assume it could additionally work as a 1:1 swap.
Storage data: refrigerate or freeze it
Strawberry puree makes use of raw berries, so it has a shorter shelf life than a syrup with cooked berries. Right here’s what to anticipate:
- Refrigerated: You’ll be able to refrigerate strawberry puree in a sealed container for 3 to 4 days.
- Frozen: If you happen to’d prefer it to last more, freezing it’s the option to go! It lasts in a freezer protected container for as much as 3 months.
Methods to make use of this strawberry puree recipe
There are a lot of makes use of for strawberry puree: drizzle it on muffins, waffles, oatmeal and extra! Listed here are the highest methods we prefer to eat it:
- Oatmeal: Add a swirl to morning oatmeal
- Pancakes: It’s excellent to serve over banana pancakes, oatmeal pancakes, vegan banana pancakes or almond flour pancakes
- Waffles: Or, use it for waffles
- Cake: Strive it drizzled over flourless chocolate cake, cheesecake, and even strawberry shortcake
- Mug cake: It’s a fantastic single serving dessert with vanilla mug cake!
It’s nice for youths!
Also read: 1 2 3 cake weight watchers
You’ll be able to skip all of the serving strategies above, and simply serve this strawberry puree with a spoon! It’s a fantastic fruit puree for youths, and you’ll eat it identical to applesauce. Our 4 yr previous can’t get sufficient of it! He cleaned his first bowl and promptly requested for seconds.
Want a strawberry puree for drinks?
One factor to find out about this strawberry puree recipe: it’s not excellent for drinks. We examined it out in a strawberry cocktail, and the flavour was not practically sturdy sufficient. It additionally makes for lots of particles in a drink, which isn’t terribly appetizing.
You’ll see there are just a few manufacturers that promote strawberry puree for cocktails, and it’s extremely sweetened and extra like a syrup. If you happen to’d like to make use of this in drinks, use this strawberry syrup as a substitute! It’s nice in strawberry soda or a strawberry vodka cocktail.
Extra strawberry recipes
This strawberry puree is only one in a protracted listing of favourite strawberry recipes over right here! Use these tasty berries for lemonade, crumble, jam, and extra.
- Make a batch of strawberry jam
- Strive straightforward strawberry sauce, a chunkier, sweeter variation
- Mix the berries into strawberry lemonade
- Bake up a tasty strawberry crumble
This strawberry puree recipe is…
Vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Also read: How to make a number cake