Lychee Jelly is a jiggly Chinese language dessert that’s made with coconut water, lychee fruits, and agar agar. These pleasant vegan candy cubes are a beautiful deal with on a sizzling summer time day. You should utilize gelatin for a non-vegan choice. Add it to your iced tea for a fruity different to boba bubble tea!
Lychee jelly is a refreshing dessert that’s widespread in Asian international locations. This recipe makes use of agar agar powder as an alternative of gelatin to make it vegetarian-friendly. It creates a very vibrant and good taste that’s nice for lighter desserts.
For those who like Asian desserts, don’t miss my Mango Mochi, Rolled Ice Cream, and Daifuku Recipe.
Elements and Substitutes
- Lychee: You probably have entry to contemporary lychees, they may work nice on this recipe. Search for lychees which can be vivid in coloration, then peel them like an orange and pit them. However when you’re new to lychees, or can’t discover contemporary ones within the retailer, canned lychee additionally works completely.
- Coconut Water: Coconut water would be the base of this recipe. Watch out to not purchase a flavored model until you need that taste to return via in your jelly.
- Agar Agar: It’s from seaweed and is a good vegan substitute for gelatin. Agar-agar is available in 3 important types: powder, strands, or flakes. We use agar agar powder for this recipe. You may simply swap it with gelatin on this recipe, however ensure to learn my directions for substituting completely beforehand.
- Sugar: Plain white sugar works finest for this recipe as it can dissolve easily with no added style past sweetness.
How to Make Lychee Jelly
1. Sprinkle agar agar powder over 3 cups of chilly coconut water. Stir to combine.
2. Warmth up the combination and convey to a boil. As soon as boiled, flip the warmth to the bottom, and proceed to stir till the agar agar is completely dissolved. Add sugar and stir till dissolved.
Read more: How to remove tea stains from mugs
3. Switch the liquid to a baking dish or giant container. Add 1 cup of coconut water to assist the combination to chill down quicker.
4. Add lychee to the jelly combination. Let the jelly chill for not less than 2 hours within the fridge.
5. Flip the baking pan the wrong way up on a chopping board. Raise the pan.
6. Reduce the sides after which lower the jelly into small cubes.
Suggestions for the Finest Lychee Coconut Jelly
- Avoiding clumps: So as to get a superbly clean jelly, ensure so as to add your agar agar to your coconut water BEFORE turning on the warmth. Combine it completely into the chilly water after which activate the burner.
- Getting the proper style: Ensure so as to add your sugar a tablespoon at a time, dissolving it totally earlier than giving it a fast style. This fashion, your jelly will probably be made precisely to your most well-liked degree of sweetness.
- Use an 8-inch sq. baking pan: You’ll want sufficient water to cowl your lychee, in any other case your jelly can simply crumble. We used an 8-inch sq. baking pan that covers the entire lychee completely. For those who discover your water too shallow, you possibly can lower your lychee into halves.
- Unmolding: Give your jelly a full two hours to set. You’ll understand it’s prepared when it has a agency texture much like jello.
What Does Lychee Jelly Style Like?
Lychee Jelly tastes pleasantly refreshing and clean with a pleasant lychee fruit taste. It’s candy, barely citrusy, with a floral scent.
Can I Use Gelatin?
You may positively use gelatin as an alternative of agar agar in your jelly, although this recipe will now not be appropriate for vegetarians or vegans.
Read more: How to make ginger lemon honey tea
You’ll want about 1 cup of gelatin when you determine to make use of it as an alternative of agar agar. You may regulate this barely to your choice although. Add a bit of extra for a firmer jelly and rather less for a softer one.
Methods to Take pleasure in Lychee Coconut Jelly
This lychee coconut jelly could be loved as a snack, a dessert, and even added into bubble tea! Whether or not you’re a lychee fanatic, otherwise you’ve by no means had it earlier than, you’re going to need to give this recipe a attempt.
- Lychee Jelly Cups: For an amazing ready-to-go snack, pour the jelly into disposable plastic cups and pop it within the fridge to sit back. You may even add cubed fruit if you want. You’ll have the ability to eat the jelly with a spoon, and even simply squeeze the underside of the cups to get it out.
- Lychee Jelly Boba Bubble Tea: Lychee Jelly is a good substitute for boba pearls in bubble tea! Particularly for a brighter, fruitier style. Brew your favorite tea and add sweetener. Add your Lychee Jelly cubes to a cup of ice, pour over your steeped tea and luxuriate in!
The place to Purchase Lychee Jelly?
It is possible for you to to seek out Lychee Jelly in lots of types at most Asian grocery shops and perhaps even within the Worldwide Meals part of your native grocery retailer. You should buy it in a jar, or get lychee jelly cups for a enjoyable on-the-go snack.
Is Lychee Fruit Jelly More healthy Than Boba?
When it comes to calorie content material, choosing Lychee Jelly in your bubble tea gained’t be a lot completely different than getting boba pearls. However, as a result of it comes from sea algae, as an alternative of simply being starch, you’re going to get added nutritional vitamins and minerals when selecting Lychee Jelly to your drink.
If You Like This Recipe Strive These Out
For those who tried this recipe, let me know the way your Lychee Jelly seems within the feedback beneath!