This fluffy, versatile layered sheet cake might be simply was a spectacular dessert by filling it with Chantilly cream and recent fruits. It’s a cake for any and each event, from birthdays to just-because.
Reading: How to make a layered sheet cake
This publish incorporates affiliate hyperlinks. Full disclosure is on the backside of the article.
I hesitated for a very long time earlier than I made a decision to share this recipe. It’s such a straightforward cake, I puzzled if individuals actually need one other sheet cake recipe. But it surely’s my go-to sheet cake recipe, and I figured I need to not be the one one who went a number of years with no go-to recipe.
Read more: Can u make cake pops with brownie mix
After leaping from one recipe to the following, I lastly perfected my very own sponge cake recipe after I wrote my first e-book, Candy Spot. I wished to create a straightforward and versatile cake base I’d be capable to use for any and each event, from birthdays to just-because. For my e-book, I examined and perfected many variations, from flavors, comparable to vanilla, chocolate, and occasional, to kind, comparable to layered truffles, jelly roll truffles, and cupcakes. This cake base may do all the things, so I knew I had a winner on my palms.
I quickly found out I may use that very same cake base to make an enormous layered cake in a flash. By baking the cake combination in a baking sheet, the way in which I did for making a rolled cake, I’d be capable to slice it in half, then whip up a straightforward filling and stack the 2 items on high of each other to create a scrumptious and spectacular, but supremely simple, cake. Add in recent, seasonal fruits, and also you’ve obtained a dessert certain to please everybody.
To make this Layered Sheet Cake, I up to date my unique sponge cake base recipe to provide it extra quantity. When making a rolled cake, you need the cake to be skinny sufficient to roll nicely and maintain its form. However after I turned the recipe right into a layered sheet cake, I believed the dessert would profit from a extra spectacular peak. To create this peak, I separate the eggs and whip the egg whites individually, then fold them into the cake batter on the very finish. This produces a fabulously ethereal cake that appears festive when assembled and can be simple to slice.
Read more: What bread to use for bruschetta
Useful Ideas for Making Layered Sheet Cake
- Use the suitable kind of baking sheet: This recipe is made for the standard half-sheet pan, which measures 13 x 18 inches (33 x 46 cm). My desire is to make use of commercial-type aluminum baking sheets versus nonstick ones as a result of baking sheets which can be lighter in coloration enable truffles to bake extra evenly and stop extreme browning. The baking sheet needs to be 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep to permit the cake to rise correctly.
- Don’t skimp on parchment paper: Greasing and lining your baking sheet with parchment paper will make sure you’ll be capable to unmold the cake in a snap. Save your self the frustration from a cake that continues to be caught in its pan!
- Play with berries—and with different fruits, too: This Layered Sheet Cake is equally scrumptious made with raspberries, as photographed, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. I’d additionally swap in juicy and ripe stone fruits comparable to apricots and peaches in a heartbeat. See the recipe beneath for substitution ideas.
- Be inventive along with your garnishes: I like so as to add some rose water to crushed raspberries and garnish the layered sheet cake with rose petals. Swap it as much as create a scrumptious pairing with the fruit you select to make use of. Listed here are some concepts to get you began:
- Strawberries + Hibiscus (combine hibiscus syrup into the mashed fruits + use dried hibiscus to garnish)
- Strawberries + Orange (combine orange liqueur or orange blossom water into the mashed fruits + use orange zest to garnish)
- Blueberries + Lemon (combine Limoncello into the mashed fruits + use lemon zest to garnish)
- Blackberries + Lavender (combine crushed dried lavender flowers into the mashed fruits + use recent or dried lavender flowers to garnish)
- Apricots + Chamomile (combine crushed dried chamomile buds into the mashed fruits + use dried chamomile buds or recent chamomile flowers to garnish)
- Peaches + Almonds (combine Amaretto or a drop of almond extract into the mashed fruits + use toasted sliced almonds to garnish)
This web site is a participant within the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for the location to earn charges by linking to Amazon and affiliated websites.
Should you click on on an affiliate hyperlink, I could earn promoting or referral charges if you happen to make a purchase order by such hyperlinks, at no additional value to you. This helps me creating new content material for the blog-so thanks! Study extra about promoting on this web site by studying my Disclosure Coverage.
Read more: How to warm bread in oven