The Peanut Butter and Jelly drink stars Skrewball peanut butter whiskey and cranberry juice! It’s candy, nutty and completely distinctive.
In search of a singular cocktail and love a superb PB&J? Attempt the Peanut Butter and Jelly drink, a unusual candy tart cocktail made with Skrewball peanut butter whiskey. Mixing it with cranberry juice makes the cocktail model of your favourite childhood sandwich! It’s a traditional approach to make use of this flavored nutty whiskey, and after sipping it…we’re right here for it.
Reading: How to drink peanut butter whiskey
What’s a Peanut Butter and Jelly drink?
The Peanut Butter and Jelly is a cocktail that stars Skrewball peanut butter whiskey and cranberry juice. Some individuals like to make use of berry liqueur on this drink (like Chambord), nevertheless it makes it a lot too candy.
Also read: How to fix a coffee maker that won t brew
For our spin, we took inspiration from the co-founder of Skrewball herself, Brittany Yeng, who recommends pairing this flavored whiskey with cranberry juice to chop the sweetness. Tart cranberry pairs completely with nutty Skrewball to imitate the flavour of that nostalgic childhood favourite! Right here’s what you’ll want for this drink:
- Skrewball peanut butter whiskey
- Cranberry juice
- Cointreau (or different orange liqueur)
Merely shake all components collectively in a cocktail shaker, and pressure right into a glass. Give it a style and it’s candy tart and berry ahead, with a deliciously nutty end. It’s a enjoyable option to combine up this distinctive flavored whiskey. Right here’s a bit extra in regards to the components…
Use 100% unsweetened cranberry juice
Ensure to search for 100% unsweetened cranberry juice on this Peanut Butter and Jelly cocktail. There are a number of forms of cranberry juice available on the market. Right here’s what to find out about it:
- Bottles marked cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail have numerous added sugar. This makes an excessive amount of sugar for this drink.
- 100% unsweetened cranberry juice makes a balanced taste. It additionally offers a extra lovely vibrant coloration.
Cointreau is non-compulsory, however beneficial
Also read: Does decaf coffee dehydrate you
Cointreau is an orange liqueur that you simply may need available for making a Margarita (or different Cointreau drinks). What does it do right here?
- Cointreau provides a roundness to the flavour. It offers the sip extra sophistication and complexity, and ultimately makes it style extra like…Peanut Butter and Jelly!
- Don’t have it? Substitute any orange liqueur, like Triple Sec or Grand Marnier.
All about Skrewball whiskey
In case you’re taking a look at this recipe, we assume you most likely have a bottle of Skrewball at house. Skrewball whiskey is a flavored whiskey that tastes like peanut butter. Right here’s a bit extra about this intriguing kind of whiskey:
- Skrewball peanut butter whiskey is a flavored whiskey made with actual peanuts. The corporate was based by husband and spouse workforce Steven and Brittany Yeng, primarily based in San Diego, California. Skrewball launched in 2018 and has turn out to be highly regarded within the US.
- Skrewball has a thick, sticky texture. It tastes very candy, with a robust peanut end and notes of caramel, espresso and vanilla. Truthfully, it’s extra like consuming Baileys than bourbon.
- Is Skrewball actually a whiskey? You may ask this after tasting it. It’s so candy, it barely tastes like whiskey in any respect! Whiskey technically needs to be 40% ABV when it’s bottled, and Skrewball is 35% ABV. It’s labeled as a “flavored whiskey,” so you may go along with that.
Have enjoyable with the garnish!
When you’ve made the drink, it’s enjoyable to get artistic with the garnish! Listed here are a number of concepts:
- Blackberry smeared with peanut butter (pictured)
- Skewer with raspberries
- Tiny PB&J sandwich
Extra Skrewball drinks
What else to do with peanut butter whiskey? Listed here are a number of extra methods to drink Skrewball:
Read more: How much coffee grounds for 12 cups
- Sip it as a shot, with a sea salt rim
- Drink it as a Skrewball Outdated Usual, with bitters and soda water
- Add it to espresso, as a peanut butter flavored Irish Espresso (skip the sugar)
- Make a bubbly Skrewball Highball or Skrewball Tonic
- Add cola and make it a Skrewball and Coke, with numerous lime