This submit might comprise affiliate hyperlinks.
There’s nothing fairly like candy, sticky selfmade BBQ sauce slathered over juicy grilled rooster legs! This fast and easy-to-master recipe makes one of the best, most flavorful rooster you’ll ever sink your enamel into. Grilled BBQ Hen Legs are the final word in summer time cookout meals and ideal for picnics, events, and household gatherings.
Reading: How long to grill leg quarters
Read more: How to light a gas grill
This recipe has been within the Southern Soul recipe recordsdata for years. I initially got here up with this selfmade BBQ sauce recipe over 10 years in the past and was really sort of an afterthought once I put it on my website. Little did I do know that it might change into a fan favourite!
With all of the love that folk have shared over these grill rooster legs, I made a decision it was time to provide this submit a makeover. In spite of everything, it deserves it!
Why You Ought to Make These Grilled BBQ Hen Legs…
- they’re straightforward to make and don’t want any further time to organize since there’s no marinating required.
- rooster legs are cheap so feeding your loved ones or a crowd gained’t break your price range.
- the selfmade BBQ sauce is made with only a few easy substances and produces an amped-up taste that’s so loopy scrumptious.
- they’re juicy, smokey, candy, and sticky. All you want is a stack of napkins!
Components For This Recipe
- Hen Legs
- Brown Sugar
- Worchestershire Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Scorching Sauce
- Southern Soul Home Seasoning or your favourite rub
Useful Instruments To Make Grilled BBQ Hen Legs
How To Make Do-it-yourself BBQ Sauce
Making selfmade BBQ sauce is tremendous easy! All the substances are pantry and fridge staples and when simmered collectively make an unimaginable sauce that can change into a household favourite.
All that’s wanted to make BBQ Sauce is one pot and about 10 minutes of time. Add all of the substances to the pot and whisk them collectively. Convey the sauce as much as a boil then cut back and simmer for quarter-hour. Let the sauce cool and you’re able to serve.
These rooster legs are nice with the traditional BBQ sauce on this recipe however they’re additionally superb when grilled with Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce.
How To Grill Hen Legs
- Preheat the grill, both fuel or charcoal for 2-zone (direct and oblique) grilling. The grill needs to be round 400 levels.
- Season the rooster legs with my selfmade Home Seasoning. It’s also possible to use your favourite rub or salt and pepper. The important thing right here is to be sure to season all sides of the rooster.
- Place the rooster legs on the direct warmth facet of the grill. Prepare dinner them, turning about each 5 minutes for about half-hour till the inner temp reaches 160 levels.
- Transfer the rooster legs to the oblique warmth facet of the grill and slather on the BBQ sauce. Flip and baste the rooster till the sauce will get thick, sticky, and caramelized.
What To Serve With Grilled BBQ Hen Legs
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Pineapple Slaw
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Macaroni Salad
- On the spot Pot Pepper Jack Macaroni & Cheese
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
Final however not least…
For those who make this Grill BBQ Hen Leg recipe, make sure to depart a remark and a score. I at all times love listening to from you! Additionally, in case you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d like to see your photograph.
Also read: Recipe crock pot pork loin roast