These Crunchy Baked Shrimp are tender and coated in a seasoned butter, then topped with scrumptious breadcrumbs. This dish is flavorful and easy, with a mouthwatering texture you may love.
For those who love shrimp with nice texture, then you will adore this Crunchy Baked Shrimp recipe. The shrimp are coated with butter and seasonings, then tossed with crunchy breadcrumbs. Baking this dish as an alternative of frying provides it a tremendous texture with out a lot of further oil and fats. These shrimp pack loads of wealthy flavors whereas nonetheless providing a wholesome different to breaded shrimp.
Reading: How long to bake shrimp at 375
These Crunchy Baked Shrimp are versatile and really easy to make. I like serving them as a facet or proper on prime of pasta and salads. The seasonings are additionally simple to substitute so that they work with no matter else I will be serving. Easy, delicious, and handy, this dish is a favourite. Let’s speak about what you may have to make it.
- Shrimp. I like utilizing giant or jumbo shrimp. Peeled, deveined, and tails off.
- Butter. Or olive oil.
- Garlic Powder. Or recent garlic.
- Paprika. Provides good shade and a touch of smoky taste.
- Breadcrumbs. Panko, or home made are finest.
- Salt & Pepper. To style.
- Parsley. To garnish.
How to Make it
1. Soften the butter after which add garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Combine nicely and put aside.
Also read: How to make cake in instant pot
2. Place the shrimp into a big casserole dish. Pour half of the seasoned butter on prime and blend nicely. Then organize the shrimp in an excellent layer.
3. Add the Panko breadcrumbs to the remaining butter and stir nicely to mix.
4. Sprinkle the buttered breadcrumbs over the shrimp. Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes. If desired, broil for 1-2 minutes, permitting the breadcrumbs to brown a bit extra.
5. Garnish with recent parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Take pleasure in!
Also read: Cake recipe gluten free flour
PRESENTATION TIP: In case you are planning to switch these onto a serving platter, the breadcrumbs will begin mixing with the liquids from the shrimp and also you would possibly want some further breadcrumbs for a lovely presentation and further crunch. To do that, toss ⅓ cup of breadcrumbs onto a skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and a contact of paprika and salt. Prepare dinner for 2-3 minutes, till the breadcrumbs are good and golden. Sprinkle these proper over the shrimp on the serving platter. Voila!
Suggestions for the perfect Crunchy Baked Shrimp
- Select bigger shrimp. I like the massive or jumbo sized shrimp as a result of smaller ones can get overwhelmed by the breadcrumbs. Bigger ones guarantee their taste and texture are on the forefront.
- Purchase them already prepped. Save your self time by shopping for the shrimp already deveined, peeled, and with their tails off. You are able to do this your self, after all, however shopping for them this manner will prevent prep.
- Use Panko. Panko has a crunchier texture than common breadcrumbs, which works actually properly with these baked shrimp. It’s also possible to make your individual so that they have the proper texture for this dish.
- Unfold the shrimp evenly. This can guarantee even and thorough cooking, however it would additionally assist every shrimp get a very good coating of the buttered breadcrumb combine for the perfect Crunchy Baked Shrimp.
Variations to this Recipe
- Substitute totally different seasonings. As a substitute of garlic powder and paprika, you may use Previous Bay seasoning, chili powder, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, or others.
- Add citrus. Seafood goes nicely with tart citrus flavors, so you may add a little bit recent lemon or lime juice to the seasoned butter combination.
- Make it dairy-free. You’ll be able to substitute olive oil for the butter to simply make this a dish with no dairy.
- Substitute gluten-free Panko. Both shopping for it or making your individual will guarantee these Crunchy Baked Shrimp are gluten-free.
How to Retailer and Reheat it
You’ll be able to retailer any leftover Crunchy Baked Shrimp in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. To reheat it, place the shrimp again within the casserole dish within the oven till warmed by, then broil for a couple of minutes to assist them regain their crunchy texture.
What to Serve this with
- With rice. Take pleasure in these Crunchy Baked Shrimp over a mattress of Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans, Rice and Beans, Spinach Rice, and even some Riced Cabbage for a lighter dish.
- On a salad. These shrimp add protein and taste to salads, like this Superb Kale Salad.
- With fundamental dishes. They are often served alongside different proteins, reminiscent of Creamy Mushroom Hen, pork chops, steak, or Baked Cod.
- Over pasta. These Crunchy Baked Shrimp are scrumptious on prime of pasta. Strive them with this Simple Angel Hair Pasta or Creamy Roasted Pepper Pasta.
I simply love the crisp texture and wealthy taste of this Crunchy Baked Shrimp recipe. You’ll be able to serve it in so some ways and these shrimp are all the time a crowd-pleaser.
Extra tasty shrimp recipes to attempt:
Read more: Sticky toffee cake with dates
- Crispy Fried Shrimp
- Creamy Shrimp and Zucchini Skillet
- Simple Shrimp and Vegetable Skillet
- Shrimp in Roasted Pepper Sauce