Scrumptious and hearty Prompt Pot Ham and Potato Soup made with leftover ham and russet potatoes. Made for lower than half-hour. Good for chilly climate!
This simple and comforting Prompt Pot Ham and Potato Soup is so scrumptious and flavorful! I’ve made this soup a number of instances this winter, and my household loves it! This ham and potato soup is ideal for cold climate.
Reading: Ham soup recipes instant pot
In case you have tried my Prompt Pot Ham and White Bean Soup, you’ll love this soup as nicely. The competitors is fairly stiff as a result of each of those soups style superb! I used leftover ham from a bone-in ham. It’s also possible to use a ham bone, a meaty ham shank, or a ham hock with some additional meat.
In the event you’re making an enormous bone-in ham for Christmas this yr, don’t throw away the leftover ham bone as soon as all of the meat’s been minimize off. You’ll be able to add it to this ham and potato soup so as to add prompt taste!
Read more: Coffee on cabbage soup diet
If you’re searching for extra comforting Prompt Pot recipes, be sure you do this Prompt Pot Beef Stew and the Prompt Pot Pot Roast.
Elements for ham and potato soup
- Ham: You should use leftover ham or store-bought cubed ham
- Greens: carrots, onions, celery, garlic, potatoes. I desire to make use of Russet potatoes for probably the most creamy soup.
- Inventory/Broth: I desire to make use of rooster inventory, however you should use vegetable inventory as nicely
- Heavy cream
- Seasonings and contemporary herbs: salt, black pepper, contemporary thyme
The way to Make Prompt Pot Ham and Potato Soup
- Press the “Saute” button on the Prompt Pot, and add the butter, carrot, onion, garlic, and celery to the pot. Prepare dinner stirring sometimes for five minutes. (That is an elective step. You’ll be able to dump every thing in directly in order for you).
- Add the ham, potatoes, vegetable inventory and heavy cream to the Prompt Pot. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme, and shut the lid. Lock the lid, transfer the valve to “Sealing” and cook dinner on Guide for 10 minutes.
- When the ham and potato soup is finished, and also you hear the beep sound, press the Cancel/Hold Heat button. Flip the valve to “Venting” and fast launch till all of the stress is out.
- Open the lid and serve heat.
Soups are an enormous a part of the Winter and Fall season for us – they’re simple, comforting and so scrumptious. They immediately heat you up and are just about “set it, and forget it”, particularly if you’re utilizing an Prompt Pot. This ham and potato soup recipe can also be nice as a result of you’ll be able to actually dump all of the components, and set the Guide setting for 10 minutes. After the soup involves stress (in about 10-Quarter-hour), it takes solely 10 minutes to cook dinner, and you’ve got a scrumptious meal you’ll be able to serve for dinner and even for lunch the following day.
The most effective a part of this leftover ham bone soup with potatoes is that it’s excellent for weeknight dinners while you don’t have a lot time to arrange dinner. This Prompt Pot soup doesn’t require a lot prep or cook dinner time, nevertheless it tastes as if it has been simmering on the range for hours. This ham potato soup can also be naturally creamy when utilizing Russet potatoes as they break up somewhat bit whereas cooking.
Are you able to make it forward of time?
This Prompt Pot potato soup is nice for weekly meal prep. I really like making up an enormous batch of soup on the weekend after which having fun with it all through the week for straightforward meals.
Read more: Dutch oven chicken soup recipes
Upon getting made the soup, let it cool fully earlier than transferring to an hermetic container. It should preserve nicely within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
You’ll be able to reheat the soup on the stovetop on medium warmth, stirring sometimes till heated via. Alternatively, you’ll be able to reheat it within the microwave on full energy for 3 minutes, stirring midway.
Are you able to freeze it?
It’s greatest to not freeze this soup, as the feel can change fairly a bit. The potatoes will soak up quite a lot of the moisture and so they can turn out to be fairly grainy.
Frozen ham and potato soup will likely be fit for human consumption as soon as defrosted and reheated, however it would lose its creamy consistency.
Hope you make and revel in this ham potato soup within the Prompt Pot!
Read more: Can you eat egg drop soup on the keto diet
Extra Prompt Pot Soup Recipes
- Prompt Pot Rooster Noodle Soup
- Prompt Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Prompt Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Prompt Pot Rooster and Wild Rice Soup
- Prompt Pot Potato Soup