Grilled tuna steaks are a popular seafood dish loved by many, and Bobby Flay, the celebrity chef, has popularized this dish with his signature recipe. Tuna steaks are a healthy and delicious source of protein, and they can be grilled to perfection with the right techniques. In this article, we will share with you Bobby Flay’s recipe and provide tips on how to cook the perfect grilled tuna steak.
Why Choose Tuna Steaks?
Tuna steaks are a lean source of protein that is high in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. They have a meaty texture and a rich, flavorful taste that makes them perfect for grilling. Grilled tuna steaks are a great alternative to beef, chicken, and pork, and they are perfect for those who are looking for a healthy, yet delicious meal.
Bobby Flay’s Grilled Tuna Steak Recipe
Bobby Flay’s grilled tuna steak recipe is simple yet delicious. Here are the ingredients and the steps to prepare the dish:
- Four 8-ounce tuna steaks, about 1-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano.
- Brush the tuna steaks with the olive oil mixture on both sides.
- Place the tuna steaks on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are seared and slightly charred on the outside but still pink in the center.
- Remove the tuna steaks from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Tips for Cooking the Perfect Grilled Tuna Steaks
Here are some tips to help you cook the perfect grilled tuna steaks:
Choose Fresh Tuna Steaks
When buying tuna steaks, make sure to choose fresh, high-quality tuna. The flesh should be firm, and there should be no signs of discoloration or slime.
Preheat the Grill
Before grilling the tuna steaks, make sure to preheat your grill to high. This will ensure that the tuna steaks cook evenly and get those beautiful grill marks.
Oil the Grill Grates
Before placing the tuna steaks on the grill, oil the grill grates to prevent the tuna from sticking.
Season the Tuna Steaks
Season the tuna steaks with salt and black pepper before grilling. You can also add other seasonings, such as garlic, ginger, or chili flakes, to add more flavor to the dish.
Brush with Oil
Brush the tuna steaks with oil before grilling. This will help the tuna steaks cook evenly and prevent them from drying out.
Cook on High Heat
Cook the tuna steaks on high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until they are seared and slightly charred on the outside but still pink in the center. This will help to lock in the juices and keep the tuna moist and flavorful.
Let the Tuna Steaks Rest
After grilling, let the tuna steaks rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute, making the tuna steaks more tender and juicy.
Grilled Tuna Steaks Bobby Flay style are a healthy and delicious seafood dish that can be prepared quickly and easily.