This Dorito Taco Salad recipe is certainly one of our favourite simple dinners. It’s a fast and simple recipe to make that doesn’t warmth up the home.
Make this salad as a facet dish for under $1.29 per serving for a complete of $15.55. It can make 12 servings as a facet dish or 6 servings as a major dish.
Reading: Dressing for taco salad catalina
For extra taco-inspired dishes, we suggest these Nacho Fries, these Strolling Tacos, our Wholesome Zucchini Taco Boats, and our Simple Taco Pizza.
Come summertime, nobody needs to be within the kitchen. We wish fast and simple meals that don’t warmth up the kitchen. This Dorito Taco Salad is the right resolution. It takes quarter-hour to make and is the right method to boost a plain salad.
This salad is made utilizing floor beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, Catalina dressing, and the not-so secret-secret ingredient, Nacho Cheese Doritos! The Doritos give the salad the right crunch blended in with the crisp salad.
Make this salad for a simple dinner throughout the week, or take it to a potluck or summer time BBQ. It’s a particular crowd-pleaser that children and adults alike all love!
Elements and Price
Read more: Lemon balsamic summer pasta salad
RECIPE COST: $15.55
PRICE PER SERVING: $1.29
- 1 pound lean floor beef – $3.01
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning – $0.14
- 1/2 cup water – $0.00
- 1 massive coronary heart romaine lettuce – $1.48
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes – $1.97
- 1 bag Doritos Nacho cheese chips – $2.34
- 1 bottle Catalina dressing – $1.86
- 15.25 oz can Fiesta corn – $0.70
- 15 oz can black beans – $0.58
- 1 small crimson onion – $0.70
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese – $1.24
- 6.5 oz can sliced black olives – $1.53
To seek out out extra about how we value our recipes, take a look at Finances Recipes Defined.
- First, make the taco meat. Drain the grease after which add the seasonings.
- Subsequent, make the salad in a big bowl.
- To complete, add the taco meat and different elements and toss till lettuce is coated.
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- You may simply substitute hen or turkey for floor beef.
- Substitute Cool Ranch Doritos for Nacho Cheese.
- If you happen to do not need Catalina Dressing, you need to use Ranch Dressing as an alternative.
- This salad is so versatile, you may add in your favourite taco toppings and nearly any number of beans like pinto beans, garbanzo beans, crimson kidney beans, and so on.
Serve: Serve instantly with further toppings of your alternative.
Retailer: Retailer in an hermetic container with out the chips within the fridge for as much as 24 hours.
Freeze: As with most salads, we don’t suggest freezing this Dorito Taco Salad.
Prepare dinner’s Instruments
- massive skillet
- salad bowl and tongs
- wood mixing spoon
- measuring spoons
- liquid measuring cup
- reducing board
- Chef’s knife
Get Children Concerned
Also read: J. Alexanders Wild Rice Orzo Salad
Ages 2-3: Let your youngster pour the Doritos into the salad bowl. They are going to be so excited to eat their dinner!
Ages 4-5: Your baby can assist pour all of the elements into the salad bowl. Please give them the tongs to toss the salad earlier than serving.
Ages 6-8: Educate your youngster to make use of a meat masher to brown the bottom beef. After you drain the grease, allow them to stir within the seasoning.
Ages 9/11: Supervise them whereas they put together your entire recipe. Bear in mind to have them learn it twice earlier than starting the recipe.
Ages 12+: Allow them to put together your entire recipe, unsupervised, when you do the pleased dance within the nook!
We prefer to buy our floor beef at Costco. At house, we reduce the meat into smaller sections and freeze them in freezer-safe luggage. Then we are able to pull out the bag of frozen meat when wanted.
Extra $15 recipes:
- 15-Minute Skillet Tilapia
- American Goulash
- Baked Hen Wings
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Tacky Baked Spaghetti
- Cindy’s Simple Sausage Gumbo
- Copycat Olive Backyard Gnocchi Soup
- Baked Pork Chops with Apples
- Simple Beef Chili
- Taco Rice Casserole