Below are the best chicken and rice soup with garlicky chile oil articles edited and compiled by us
Rich and brothy with familiar flavors of home, this is a good-for-the-soul kind of delicious soup. It’s a simple and comforting recipe that I go back to repeatedly- a personal favorite which I’m excited to share with you.
This recipe is chicken soup for the soul. Earthy, filling and nutritious, it tastes like home. Like something grandma made. The soup has body and richness. And the finishing drizzle of chile oil with garlic chips will make your taste buds dance!The flavor combination of ginger and dill is unique, and equally heavenly. The union of all the other ingredients create several layers of flavor. It starts with the punch of the sweet and spicy garlic chili chips in the first spoonful. Hello! A delightful top note, followed by the heart of the flavor accomplished by the unique harmony of ginger and dill. Finally, the lasting base notes of the magic created by the marriage of chicken and rice. All of the flavors thrive on this foundation of flavor, resulting in something great.
This soup is nutrient-rich- garlic, onion, ginger, kale, broth, and dopamine-spiking garlic chile oil. The garlic chips take a simple soup to an entirely new level. The aroma and textural contrast of the garlic gives complexity to the soup while the heat balances with the otherwise mellow flavor of the stock made velvety by the natural starches of rice. It is garliky, but, I love that, and hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Fair warming, its addicting and you may find yourself coming back to it over and over again too.
“Only the pure of heart can make good soup” — Beethoven
- 8-10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp. crushed red chile flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white or yellow onion, chopped
- 4-5 inches fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup white rice, preferably basmati for added aroma
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3-4 big handfuls kale or spinach
- 8 cups water, chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh dill
- 2 tsp. kosher salt~Note this is a large batch soup which makes about 8 servings. Opt for a half recipe if you desire a smaller portion. I like to make a big pot, enjoy it for dinner and have leftovers for a couple of days after. You can also adjust the heat levels and reduce chili flakes for less spicy results.
- Wash basmati rice 2-3 times until the water runs clear. Prep your veggies.
- For the garlic chile chips- Heat 1/3 cup olive oil to medium-low heat in the same large pot you’ll be making the soup in. Add garlic, stirring often, until light golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Pay attention to avoid burning garlic (it can happen fast!). Garlic will continue to cook in the hot oil after removing from the pan. Transfer to a bowl, leaving a bit of oil in the pot. Stir 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes into garlic oil and set aside.
- Add ginger and onion to oil remaining in the pan. Add a bit more oil if pan is dry. Stirring occasionally, cook over medium heat, until onion is a light golden brown, 4-5 minutes. The kitchen will smell heavenly at this point.
- Pour your cooking liquid of choice into the pot. Add chicken thighs, rice and 1 teaspoon of salt to the cooking liquid and bring to boil. Then lower to a temperature to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Cover the pan partially and cook for about 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate and shred the meat using two forks. In the meantime keep simmering soup uncovered to continue building flavor. The natural starch of the rice beautifully thicken the broth for silky and full bodied richness.
- Add shredded chicken back into the pot. Follow with adding a few generous handfuls of chopped kale into the liquid. Be even more generous if using spinach and stir to mix all ingredients. It will look like a lot of greens but they wilt down quickly.
- At this point add more broth or water if liquid has reduced too much. You can adjust based on the desired consistency you want. I prefer soup to be dense (not watery) for a rich end result.
- Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to the desired thickness, 4-5 minutes.
- Finally give the soup a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice and season to taste with more salt if needed. Stir to combine.
- Serve soup in bowls, drizzle with garlic-chile chips and fresh dill (it’s heavenly and “dill-licious,” trust me!).
Top 9 chicken and rice soup with garlicky chile oil edited by Takeout Food
Sichuan Garlic Chili Oil | Wok and Kin
- Author: wokandkin.com
- Published: 03/31/2022
- Review: 4.75 (207 vote)
- Summary: Feb 8, 2022 Four Cup Chicken (四杯雞) – No chicken should be served without a sauce to take it up a notch! Wonton Egg Noodle Soup – Chinese soups are the
Chicken & Farro Kale Salad with Garlicky Chile Vinaigrette
- Author: saltedspoonful.com
- Published: 11/24/2021
- Review: 4.5 (485 vote)
- Summary: Feb 2, 2021 It’s their Chicken and Rice Soup with Garlicky Chile Oil. Soooooo good. So good that I tweaked it and turned it into a farro & kale salad,
Bon Appétit on Twitter: “<3 Soup Season <3 https://t.co
- Author: twitter.com
- Published: 12/01/2021
- Review: 4.32 (301 vote)
- Summary: · Chicken and Rice Soup with Garlicky Chile Oil Recipe. This comforting, fried garlic-topped chicken soup tastes like it took hours to make
Chicken and Rice Soup | Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Author: lexiscleankitchen.com
- Published: 10/16/2022
- Review: 3.99 (438 vote)
- Summary: Mar 6, 2022 In a large soup pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery and cook and stir for 6-8 minutes, until
30 Minute Chinese Egg Drop Chicken Rice Soup with Garlicky Chile Oil By Half Baked Harvest
- Author: lovewholesome.blog
- Published: 09/13/2022
- Review: 3.81 (359 vote)
- Summary: · 2 thoughts on “30 Minute Chinese Egg Drop Chicken Rice Soup with Garlicky Chile Oil By Half Baked Harvest” … Always love your recipes! LikeLike
Sweet Potato-Garlic Soup With Chile Oil
- Author: cooking.nytimes.com
- Published: 09/04/2022
- Review: 3.77 (504 vote)
- Summary: For the Soup 1head of garlic 2teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1½pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
Soup’s On! · alexrautzhan – Compell’d
- Author: compelld.com
- Published: 05/23/2022
- Review: 3.46 (390 vote)
- Summary: White-Bean Soup with Bacon and Herbs Recipe – Jose Garces | Food & Wine. alexrautzhan found this … Chicken and Rice Soup with Garlicky Chile Oil Recipe
Chicken and Rice Soup – JoyFoodSunshine
- Author: joyfoodsunshine.com
- Published: 03/29/2022
- Review: 3.21 (458 vote)
- Summary: Sep 19, 2020 In a large stockpot, combine olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until onions are translucent
Easy Chicken and Rice Soup
- Author: iowagirleats.com
- Published: 06/09/2022
- Review: 3.15 (329 vote)
- Summary: Ingredients · 1-1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil · 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup) · 2-3 medium-sized carrots, peeled then thinly sliced (