This simple recipe for Sautéed Candy Potatoes exhibits you get tender and flavorful candy potatoes cooked in a skillet in simply quarter-hour. They make the right aspect dish to pair with any meal or may be tossed into your favourite salads or pasta dishes.
While you consider cooking candy potatoes, likelihood is that roasting them within the oven involves thoughts. Whereas roasted potatoes can take as much as 30-45 minutes to prepare dinner, there’s an alternative choice — skillet candy potatoes!
Reading: Can you saute sweet potatoes
Peeled and diced candy potatoes are added to a forged iron skillet with oil and are sautéed till fork tender. This course of solely takes quarter-hour for totally cooked candy potato items that can be utilized in a wide range of other ways.
Read more: How to use saute feature on instant pot
They are often seasoned for savory dishes or sprinkled with warming spices for use in breakfast meals or baked items. A very versatile aspect!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It takes no time to prepare dinner. Pan roasting candy potatoes in a skillet take quarter-hour or much less getting you a wholesome aspect dish on the desk fast.
- Taste it any means you get pleasure from. I used cumin on this recipe, however the prospects for taste choices are limitless.
- Makes nice leftovers. Hold a big batch in your fridge so as to add to salads, pasta, or soups and stews to bulk up the vitamin in any dish.
Components & Gear
- Cubed Candy Potato – You’ll must cube up your candy potato to ½ inch cubes, or as shut as you may get them.
- Olive Oil – Helps the potatoes roast evenly in order that they keep tender on the within and kind a slight crust from the skillet.
- Spices – You’ll want cumin and salt to taste the candy potatoes on this recipe, however be happy to make use of any spices and flavors you get pleasure from.
Solid Iron or Non-Stick Skillet – Since there’s a number of starch within the candy potato, you need to maintain them from sticking as a lot as potential. One of the best ways to do that is to make use of a high-quality nonstick pan or a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet.
How To Make Sautéed Candy Potatoes
Step 1. Put together the candy potatoes. Rinse off the candy potatoes and peel off the pores and skin with a vegetable peeler. Cube into half-inch cubes for greatest outcomes.
Read more: Can you freeze sauteed mushrooms
Step 2. Saute the candy potatoes. Add diced candy potatoes to the skillet. Warmth oil over medium warmth in a forged iron or nonstick skillet. Cook dinner, stirring each 2 minutes, for 10 to 12 minutes, or till the potatoes are fork-tender.
Step 3. Season and serve. Add the bottom cumin or seasonings of your alternative and stir to prepare dinner for an extra minute to lock within the taste. Take away cooked candy potatoes from the skillet with a spatula and serve scorching.
- As a result of the warmth supply is coming instantly from the underside of the pan and never throughout like an oven, it’s vital that every one the candy potatoes are lower the identical dimension to permit for even cooking.
- When pan-roasting candy potatoes, don’t overcrowd the pan as they will begin to steam and turn out to be mushy.
- Initially, when the candy potatoes hit the pan, it’s greatest for them to remain in the identical spot for a couple of minutes to kind a crust. It will assist maintain the candy potatoes from breaking up and can maintain them tender on the within.
Candy Potato Seasoning Concepts
Mess around with the next flavors and seasonings to make the right skillet candy potatoes for no matter dish you’re making!
- Italian seasoning
- Cajun spices
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Chipotle or adobo powder
- Cinnamon and brown sugar
- Garlic and rosemary
- Taco seasoning
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ranch seasoning
Serve these candy potatoes with a wide range of meals. Serve them alongside Pork Chops, Maple Glazed Ham or Boneless Rooster Thighs. Take pleasure in them with a Ham and Spinach Frittata for with a breakfast burrito for breakfast. The choices are limitless!
Read more: Sauteed chicken of the woods