Final Up to date on August 3, 2021 by Betty Davies
Scrumptious, easy and so easy, these sautéed bell peppers and onions are an amazing wholesome final minute aspect dish that work so properly with a lot of totally different foremost dishes. Filled with taste and made with only a few easy seasonings.
Reading: Bell peppers and onions sauteed
This submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my privateness coverage right here.
Also read: Best way to saute vegetables
I don’t find out about you, however I at all times appear to finish up with a tonne of bell peppers in my fridge, in case your the identical, then this tasty greens aspect dish is a good way to take advantage of out of them.
These sautéed peppers and onions are nice to serve with any simple weeknight meal, however are excellent for event dinners too, their rainbow colours look so fairly on the plate!
You’ll want to attempt my Sautéed Zucchini and Onions and Sautéed Lemon Asparagus too!
Why you’ll love this recipe!
- One pan: every little thing is all cooked on a skillet on the stovetop so clear up is a breeze.
- Make forward: In case you’ve received some bell peppers to make use of up, you’ll be able to rapidly prepare dinner them up they usually’ll preserve properly within the fridge. They’re nice for meal prep.
- Versatile: You may simply combine up the seasonings to swimsuit any foremost course!
- Dietary information: These sautéed peppers and onions are gluten-free, low carb and vegetarian. They’re low in energy and saturated fat and loaded with a lot of nutritional vitamins and minerals.
- Bell peppers: I like to make use of crimson, orange, inexperienced and yellow for a wide range of shade and taste. Deseed the peppers and reduce them into lengthy skinny strips.
- Onion: Yellow onions work nice on this recipe. They caramelize properly and grow to be candy and have a pleasant punchy taste that doesn’t get misplaced.
- Oil and Butter: For cooking. Any impartial excessive warmth oil, like vegetable or canola will work properly. Butter provides a pleasant richness.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
How one can make sautéed peppers and onions
You’ll want to scroll down for the total recipe!
- Add the sliced greens and seasonings to a scorching pan with the oil and butter (picture 1).
- Prepare dinner till softened and caramelized to your liking (picture 2).
Also read: How to make sauteed cabbage
These sautéed peppers and onions are fairly straight ahead, however you’ll be able to simply swap the Italian seasoning for one thing else to swimsuit the meal you’re serving them with. Add in taco seasoning or chili powder to serve in fajitas or with enchiladas, and they’re tremendous yummy with a little bit balsamic stirred in. Attempt different herbs and spices that can praise you dinner, there’s no dangerous reply right here!
Regularly Requested Questions
Sautéed peppers and onions are an easy aspect that works with so could foremost programs, fish, meat. hen and veggie dishes will all be excellent pairings. They’re additionally nice served on some bruschetta, or served chilly and stirred in to a pasta salad. Attempt thm with:
- Chorizo Rooster
- Black Bean Burgers
- Pink Wine Steak
- Honey Mustard Salmon
Recipe Notes and Suggestions
- Reduce the bell peppers and onions into comparable sized strips in order that they prepare dinner by way of evenly.
- Flip the warmth down within the skillet to medium after the primary 5 minutes of cooking, this helps them to retain their moisture and the gained’t burn.
- In case you favor your veggies barely extra charred, you’ll be able to flip the warmth again up in the direction of the tip of cooking.
Extra Vegetable Facet Dishes
- Inexperienced Beans and Chorizo
- Pea Mint and Feta Salad
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Steaks
- Candy Potato Truffles
In case you’ve tried this recipe, make sure you go away a star ranking and a remark beneath!
Maintain updated, by following me on Fb, Instagram and Pinterest!
Read more: How to saute green peppers