This oat flour banana bread is an ideal breakfast, snack or dessert for everybody within the household. It’s extremely moist, loaded with toasted walnut items, and frivolously sweetened with coconut sugar. The banana bread is gluten free and may be made dairy free and vegan, too!
This banana bread goes to win you over, ten fold. It’s made with actual meals substances and makes for an ideal deal with, breakfast inclusion or snack.
Reading: Banana bread with oat flour recipe
I completely love topping it off with grass-fed butter and frivolously toasting it within the oven.
It makes for a superb deal with for the kiddos, too.
I am going to seize my daughter, a couple of slices, and we’ll head exterior onto the porch as a result of boy, does she make a multitude.
You may get actually indulgent with it and even high it off with some vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Oh my gosh, like a bananas foster situation- yum!
One of the best dairy free banana bread
To make this oat flour banana bread utterly vegan:
- Use melted coconut oil as an alternative of melted butter.
- Use 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce as an alternative of two eggs.
The ingredient listing is not lengthy, and you’ll add every thing into one bowl which makes for a fast and straightforward cleanup!
I like to recommend dipping the sliced bananas into coconut sugar and shaking off the surplus earlier than putting them on high of the batter. It’s going to give them that caramelization issue! 🙂
The right way to make oat flour banana bread
Also read: How long does bread take to digest
Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit, and regulate the oven rack to the center place. Frivolously spray a 9×5″ loaf pan with oil and line with parchment paper. Put aside.
Mash bananas: In a big mixing bowl, mash bananas very properly with a fork or potato masher. You need them to be as clean as doable.
Moist substances: Add within the moist substances:
- Coconut sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Melted butter or coconut oil
Stir every thing collectively till no massive clumps stay.
Dry substances: Add the dry substances into the bowl:
- Oat flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
Give every thing a pleasant stir with a spatula. Proceed stirring and folding till clean and no clumps stay, however don’t over combine! Fold within the chopped walnuts and stir once more.
Bake: Pour into the ready loaf pan and faucet firmly on the counter a number of instances to launch air bubbles. Easy excessive with an offset spatula. Prime off with sliced banana, rolled oats or turbinado sugar.
Bake at 350 levels Fahrenheit for 55-65 minutes till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear. Take away from the oven and let it cool within the pan for half-hour earlier than rigorously transferring to a wire rack to chill utterly.
Serve: Serve heat with a slab of butter or have plain. Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Substitutions & Questions
- You need to use both melted coconut oil or melted butter as your fats.
- Be happy to make use of unsweetened applesauce instead of the eggs. You will have 1/2 cup.
- As an alternative of walnuts, be happy to make use of pecans. They’re scrumptious on this bread.
Also read: Recipe for fresh peach cake
Do I have to toast the walnuts in a pan?
I extremely advocate it. It leaves them with much more depth and taste.
How lengthy can this banana bread be saved?
If it is an hermetic container within the fridge, it would hold properly for 3-4 days.
Skilled Suggestions & Tips
- You’ll want to measured out the mashed bananas as bananas are available a variety of sizes. The darker your bananas, the higher.
- In case you would not have very ripe bananas available, rapidly ripen and soften them by putting them on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a 350 diploma oven. Bake for 20 minutes and allow them to cool earlier than rigorously peeling them.
- To toast walnuts, add them right into a dry sauté pan over medium low warmth. Cook dinner for 3-4 minutes stirring sometimes till they start to show a barely darker brown colour.
Extra wholesome bread recipes you will love:
Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
Paleo Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Keto and Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Paleo Carrot Bread with Walnuts
Wholesome Buckwheat Banana Bread
Read more: How to make red velvet cake mix better