Aromatic, scrumptious and comforting, this paleo/keto almond flour banana bread is ideal as a tasty breakfast or a filling snack.
The paleo choice is made with honey whereas the keto choice is made with fewer bananas and with a sugar-free sweetener.
Reading: Banana bread using almond flour
This bread is superb. It is aromatic, not too candy, the proper breakfast or snack bread. As I used to be baking it, my home crammed with probably the most superb perfume of candy roasted nuts, banana, and cinnamon.
My start line when creating this recipe was my pumpkin bread recipe. It is principally the identical, with mashed bananas as a substitute of pumpkin. And fewer sweetener, as a result of ripe bananas are so candy. The keto choice (see beneath) makes use of fewer bananas and a sugar-free sweetener.
- Recipe ideas
- Regularly requested questions
- Variation: keto banana bread
- Serving solutions
- Storing leftovers
- Associated recipes
- Recipe card
You will solely want a number of easy elements to make this almond flour banana bread. The precise measurements are included within the recipe card beneath. Here is an summary of what you may want:
Eggs: I take advantage of giant eggs in most of my recipes, this one included.
Bananas: Very ripe and well-mashed.
Vanilla extract: Attempt to use the true factor – pure vanilla extract – and never the artificially flavored stuff.
Floor cinnamon: Ensure that it is contemporary. I take advantage of an entire tablespoon – you need to use simply 1 teaspoon for a lighter-colored bread. However the cinnamon does add great taste.
Read more: Jesus the bread of life
Honey: Or use a keto various akin to stevia or any granulated sweetener.
Almond flour: A superb flour substitute that bakes exceptionally effectively. I take advantage of blanched finely floor almond flour on this recipe. I have never experimented with a rough almond meal.
Kosher salt: If utilizing superb salt, use simply ⅛ teaspoon.
Baking soda: If you would like to strive utilizing gluten-free baking powder (although I have never examined it on this recipe), keep in mind that ¼ teaspoon of baking soda is equal to 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
make almond flour banana bread? It is tremendous simple! Scroll right down to the recipe card for detailed directions. Listed here are the essential steps:
Whisk all of the elements collectively, one after the other within the order listed, in a single bowl.
Switch the batter to a small loaf pan, parchment-lined and greased.
Bakethe bread for 40-50 minutes at 350°F. How lengthy you might want to bake it will rely in your oven. When it is accomplished, a toothpick inserted in the course of the loaf ought to come out dry.
Cool the bread completelybefore having fun with it. That is the toughest half! It would be best to dig in immediately. However the bread will probably be too delicate and gooey when it emerges from the oven. Its texture and taste will enhance because it cools.
Read more: What happens if you eat expired bread
Listed here are a number of ideas to assist guarantee this bread is a powerful success:
- Use ripe however not spoiled bananas. You need to undoubtedly use very ripe bananas on this recipe. You need bananas which can be deep yellow with loads of black spots on the surface, and really delicate on the within. Simply be sure there are not any white spots on the within and that the within is just not runny – this implies the banana is spoiled.
- Use a small loaf pan. For those who use a standard-size loaf pan, 9 X 5 inches, the bread will come out very flat. So be sure you use a small loaf pan measuring 8.5 X 4.5 inches.
- Let it cool utterly. The bread emerges from the oven with a stunning darkish crust. It smells heavenly. It would be best to dig in immediately (or perhaps let it cool for an compulsory 10 minutes). Please do not! This bread is simply too delicate and gooey when it comes out of the oven. It actually does want to chill utterly. I cool it for 2 hours on a cooling rack, and solely then I slice it – and it is excellent. Previously, once I was impatient and sliced it after simply 20 minutes, it was nonetheless scrumptious – however too gooey and crumbly. Each its texture and taste tremendously enhance after it is cooled.
Regularly requested questions
Variation: keto banana bread
To make a keto model of this bread:
- Use simply two bananas.
- Change the honey with 2 tablespoons of any sugar-free sweetener or the equal in stevia.
- Bake for a shorter time, because the batter will probably be drier with simply two bananas. 30-40 minutes ought to do it.
The keto model has 150 energy, 10 grams of carbs, and three grams of fiber per slice. For those who want a fair lower-carb bread, I extremely suggest this keto zucchini bread.
I like this tasty bread simply as it’s. My youngsters prefer it flippantly toasted, with candy butter and a drizzle of honey. It is also great with cream cheese, almond butter, or peanut butter for those who do not thoughts peanuts.
I wished a primary bread that might go along with something, so I did not add any extras to the batter. I am inquisitive about chopped walnuts or pecans, or maybe a handful of chocolate chips. I would strive it subsequent time I make this recipe!
As soon as the bread is totally cool, slice it. Then place the slices in an hermetic container, separating layers with wax paper. You possibly can hold them this manner within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
You too can freeze the slices in freezer baggage. Once more, if layering, separate the layers with wax paper.
👩🏻🍳 I sometimes publish a brand new or an up to date recipe as soon as every week. Need these recipes in your inbox? Subscribe! You possibly can unsubscribe at any time.
❤️ Let’s join! Observe me on Pinterest, Fb, YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter.
Also read: Pumpkin dump cake cream cheese