Hel-lo-lo-mein! This 15-minute surprise is totally my new go-to for a fast Asian noodle stir fry. Lo Mein FTW!
Please inform me you guys eat, love, and are usually aware of Lo Mein.
Reading: Asian noodle stir fry recipe
Perhaps you’re a Panda Buffet common and also you not solely know Lo Mein, however the individuals at Panda know YOU if you stroll within the door and so they waste no time piling excessive your little plastic tray with scoop after scoop of these stir fried noodles whilst you watch slightly protectively from the opposite aspect of the glass, as a result of couldn’t they’ve given you an even bigger scoop like they did final time? come on puhleeeease.
or possibly you largely know Lo Mein out of your rising up days as a result of excellent news, youngsters! mother and pa are ordering Chinese language takeout tonight (yasssss) and little pre-teen you is most undoubtedly going to eat your weight in salty Asian noodles after which revisit it within the fridge, chilly, proper earlier than mattress, amiright?
Or possibly you’ve by no means had Lo Mein and also you’re giving the remainder of us all of the look proper now. I hear you, sitting excessive up there, saying that you’d by no means eat chilly takeout noodles proper earlier than mattress. There’s judgement in your coronary heart. You assume you’re not into this complete stir fried noodles and greens factor. Wherein case:
It’s time so that you can get Lo Mein in your life, mates. That is your huge day. We’ve all been ready for you. Welcome to your Lo Mein intervention!
Truthfully, WHO EVEN KNEW how simple it could possibly be to make Lo Mein at house? And as a observe as much as these of you who did already know, WHY DIDN’T YOU EVEN TELL ME?
In This Put up: What You Want To Know About Lo Mein
- How you can Make Lo Mein
- Ceaselessly Requested Questions About Lo Mein
- What Goes in Lo Mein Sauce
- Choices for Lo Mein Noodles
- WATCH How you can Make Lo Mein
Sure, You Can Make Selfmade Lo Mein!
Till two weeks in the past, I all the time simply assumed that this was some form of prolonged course of involving mysteriously scrumptious elements that I wouldn’t have in my customary Midwestern kitchen, and plus, do you know you could get a platter of Lo Mein massive sufficient to feed the neighborhood for simply $6.50 on the Panda Buffet? So why would we even do that at house? I’m severe – let’s go.
Besides maintain the telephone for only a sec.
- Making Lo Mein is not a prolonged course of – it’s going to come back collectively in ONE PAN in one thing like quarter-hour, begin to end. JOY of JOYS. I critically had no thought after I got down to find out about all issues Lo Mein that it could be such a gem of a fast + simple recipe, and never in the way in which the place you’re skimping on something. Simply by nature, it’s that straightforward.
- Lo Mein doesn’t require fancy or uncommon elements. Like, in any respect. A high quality soy sauce and sesame oil combo is mainly it. That’s your Lo Mein magic proper there. For actual – only one bottle of excellent soy sauce and also you’re in Lo Mein enterprise. I imply, virtually everybody, it doesn’t matter what their cooking degree is, has a bottle of soy sauce of their fridge, proper? or on the very least, a number of PACKETS of soy sauce from leftover takeout? I see you on the market.
- And at last, Lo Mein is superior as takeout, but it surely’s extra superior as a mostly-healthy takeout at house dish that may concurrently clear out the fridge through the use of up any and all veggies and proteins that an individual might ever need of their silky stir-fried noodles. The happiness I really feel for this idea… like wows. You don’t even know. Recipe scrappiness fulfills a chunk of my soul.
Lo Mein: Ceaselessly Requested Questions
How To Make This Lo Mein
Also read: How to fry chicken breast in air fryer
We’re speaking three simple steps for perfection:
- Shake up your sauce.
- Cook dinner your noodles
- Toss all of it collectively together with your extras (veg, protein, inexperienced onions) in a scorching skillet or wok.
You should use virtually any greens and/or protein.
Concepts: bell pepper, carrots, spinach, child bok choy, mushrooms, snow peas, onions, cabbage, broccoli. // Rooster, shrimp, eggs, beef (like flank steak), pork, tofu.
What Goes In This Simple Lo Mein Sauce
You want a great soy sauce, and I HIGHLY suggest the 2-types-of-soy-sauce trick. It’s not likely a trick as a lot as it’s a tiny factor that makes a giant distinction. It’s most likely extra doubtless that you’ve got mild or low sodium soy sauce in your fridge, however tip alert: darkish soy sauce is so wealthy in umami taste and it takes this Lo Mein “sauce” scenario to an entire new degree.
As a result of the standard of soy sauce is vital right here (I imply, it’s considered one of actually THREE elements that may make the sauce to your stir fried noodles), I didn’t use soy sauce packets from leftover takeout.
I used this mild soy sauce // darkish soy sauce combo. (<- affiliate hyperlinks for merchandise on Amazon).
Shake that up in a jar with a fast hit of sesame oil and a pinch of sugar. annnnd DONE.
Let’s Speak About Lo Mein Noodles
Also read: Air fry chicken pot pie
Then there’s the noodles.
You possibly can use contemporary Lo Mein noodles if you could find it contemporary or frozen at your grocery retailer. I couldn’t discover it at any of my common locations, so instead I’ve used both dry ramen if you could find it (so long as you’re hitting up Amazon for the soy sauce, seize a field of this ramen, too) and/or simply common spaghetti.
…Is that blasphemy to Lo Mein? to make use of spaghetti?
I don’t know, I’m considering we each care extra about practicality than whole and full authenticity.
Go on and do what it’s good to do.
If you happen to’re gluten-free, you should use rice noodles or your favourite gluten-free spaghetti noodle.
And in a fast flash of the pan, with the sauce and the noodles and the veggies all partying it up in there, we’ve reached the tippy high of the Lo Mein journey. The half the place you wind these silky noodles up on a fork with a number of items of caramelized pan-fried veggies and deal with your self proper.
Simple Selfmade Lo Mein, comin in scorching!
Choose To Watch As an alternative Of Learn?
Extra Scrumptious Noodle Recipes
- Sesame Noodle Bowls (excellent for a meal prepped lunch)
- Peanut Noodle Salad (veggie packed and extremely scrumptious)
- Pink Curry Noodles (tremendous simple and massive flavors!)
- Coconut Curry Ramen (so slurpable and so good)
Time To Present You Off!
Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram for an opportunity to be featured
One Extra Factor!
This recipe is a part of our easy slurpable noodles web page. Test it out!
Also read: Best way to fry eggs